New Student Advising & Registration: Department of Theatre & Dance
Congratulations, and welcome to the Department of Theatre and Dance in the College of the Arts (COTA) at Cal State Fullerton!
Please read through this webpage carefully! It contains very important information about
required orientation and advising sessions for new students this summer of 2022.
Below are the steps to complete your freshmen or transfer student orientation, advising, and registration.
Here are some overview websites about new student orientation:
- All university orientation information here .
- Parent and family orientation here .
- First-time freshman (FTF) here .
- Upper-division transfers (UDT) here .
Here are two overview websites about the Department of Theatre and Dance:
- Theatre and Dance general website here : introduction to the Department and helpful links.
- Theatre and Dance catalog website here : degree programs, requirements, classes, and other offerings.
Although the university gives you the option for either in-person or online orientation, we encourage you as strongly as possible to sign up for in-person orientation! This has three important advantages over online orientation.
- You will be on campus and can orient yourself to the layout and available services.
- You will meet with both a faculty and staff advisor in-person.
- You will end the day with your fall schedule.
IN-PERSON ORIENTATION AND ADVISING
We strongly recommend signing up for in-person orientation and advising. Here are the steps.
- From the CSUF homepage , log into your CSUF student portal using your university-issued username and password (if you have changed your password from the one originally assigned, use that new password).
- Navigate to the Student Homepage, either via the cube widget top right that opens your list of apps, or scroll down to the section with your Titan Online apps.
- Click on the “Admission” tile.
- Click on the “Orientation” tab on the far-left menu.
- Select either the in-person option (most highly recommended, then select date and complete registration) or the online orientation module option (not recommended, but you will receive the link to the modules). Note that registration for in-person orientation is open until June 2 or until capacity is reached.
Access a map of Cal State Fullerton here .
TRANSFER in-person orientation days for Theatre and Dance, and COTA:
- June 20 (Monday)
Bring copies of your unofficial college transcripts for your advising session on your orientation day.
If you do not plan on attending the orientation day on June 20, then you may attend an in-person, on-campus DANCE MAJOR advising session. They will be held on the same days as Orientation, so you will just attend the advising portion of the day.
Click below to register for advising sessions. These sessions are for transfer students only. Please do not sign up for a session if you have already registered for Orientation.
Register for a group advising session here .
FRESHMEN in-person orientation days for Theatre and Dance, and COTA:
- July 26 (Tuesday)
If you do not plan on attending the orientation days on July 26, then you may attend an in-person, on-campus DANCE MAJOR advising session. They will be held on the same days as Orientation, so you will just attend the advising portion of the day.
Click below to register for advising sessions. These sessions are for freshman students only. Please do not sign up for a session if you have already registered for Orientation.
Register for a group advising session here .
ONLINE ORIENTATION AND ADVISING
We do NOT recommend online orientation and advising. However, we understand each person’s situation is unique. If you absolutely cannot attend one of the scheduled in-person orientation days or the make-up day, you must first engage in the interactive orientation learning modules. To access these modules, follow the same steps above for in-person orientation, except in step 5 , select the online orientation module option. You will receive the link for the modules. After you have completed those, you must email the following faculty adviser: Alvin Rangel-Alvarado
If you do not have Zoom, you can activate your free CSUF Zoom account
. If you have technical difficulties, please contact the
IT Student Help Desk
Here are some additional and useful resources to help you with registration.
Read the Fall 2022 Registration Guide
Watch the Online Registration Web Tutorial
Access the Class Schedule
View the Titan Degree Audit (TDA) Web Tutorial
Check your Student Homepage for any Holds or To-Do list items; click here for instructions
Be sure to check your university-issued email daily:
. This is the official address the university uses to correspond with you.
Welcome again to the Department of Theatre and Dance! We look forwarding to meeting you!