DVD Audition Process
For out-of-state applicants
Please note that video audition submissions are accepted for out of state applicants, but live auditions are strongly recommended.
DVD Audition Format
1. Introduction: Begin the DVD by clearly stating your name and the date of the videotaping.
2. Technique Section: This section should be framed to show the full body. Wear leotard and tights, NO ballet skirts, sweats, or plastic warm-up pants.
1. Barre Work (in profile)
• Demonstrate a plié exercise in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th position
• Demonstrate a rond de jambe à terre en-dehors and en-dedans
• Demonstrate an adagio incorporating développé in each position
2. Center Work
• An exercise traveling across the floor incorporating piqué arabesque, double pirouette en-dehors and en-dedans and balancés b. Demonstrate sixteen counts of petit allegro, including jeté, glissade, assemblé and échappé in 2nd position.
• Demonstrate a grand allegro incorporating grand jeté and tour jeté
(In profile) demonstrate a contraction and release of the torso.
• Demonstrate a fall and recovery of your choice
• Demonstrate triplets and triplet turns across the floor.
• Perform a sixteen-count Modern/Contemporary phrase that travels across the floor and incorporates jumps and turns. e. Perform a Modern/Contemporary based Solo of 1-2 minutes length.
Audition by DVD for the fall semester must be completed by February 14th. Applying students must apply to the university, submit the Dance Audition Application and then mail the DVD to:
Dance Program Director, Debra Noble
California State University Fullerton
Department of Theatre & Dance
P.O. Box 6850
Fullerton, CA 92834-6850