Join CSUF current students, alumni and other professionals working in arts and technology fields to learn about the growing range of career options for graduates.
9 am: Registration / Meet & Greet
Meet some of our guests before the Symposium begins.
First 50 on-site registrants will receive a specially designed Art & Technology lanyard.
10 am: Keynote Address
Visual Effects Supervisor, Dreamworks Animation
Director (untitled Animated film project for Netflix)
Wendy Rogers is a Director at Netflix for an upcoming feature animated film. Her career combines her love of story, artistic talent and technical ability. Prior to becoming a Director, Wendy was a Visual Effects Supervisor for over 25 years where she helped to shape numerous visual effects blockbusters for DreamWorks Animation including the Academy Award® winning Shrek, along with Flushed Away, Puss in Boots, Spirit and Sinbad. Wendy is known for her work in live-action VFX with the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian , supervising over 1100 shots across multiple facilities worldwide. A native of Australia, she studied computer programming but aspired to more creative work and was inspired to learn 3D computer graphics. Wendy is a member of the Academy, BAFTA and VES and is a frequent speaker on the topic of women in creative rolls appearing on panels at WIA (Women in Animation).
11 am: Panel Discussion
Moderator: Brandy Stiles, Production Department Manager, Blizzard Entertainment
Guest panelists include:
- Rachel Day, Senior FX Artist, Game teams, Blizzard Entertainment
- Suzanne Dixon, Production Manager, Universal Studios Hollywood
- Shazzy Gustafson, Manager of Engineering, Entertainment Lab, Nickelodeon Animation
- Kathryn Taub, Technical Solutions Specialist, Audinate, Inc.
- Terena Williams, Technical Stage Manager, World of Dance
12pm: Lunch / Table Talks
Guests include the above panelists, plus
- Emily Chiang, Coca Cola VFX
Anne McMills, Lighting Designer, San Diego
State University; Author, The Assistant Lighting Designer’s Toolkit and 3D Printing Basics of Entertainment Design
- Sean McPartland, VR, Nickelodeon Animation Entertainment Lab
- Candace Thomas, Senior Encounter Designer, World of Warcraft, Blizzard Entertainment
- Jackie Wiley, Associate Game Designer, World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment
12 - 2pm: Demonstrations
Information tables & demonstrations including:
- VR Demos by student clubs: Pencil Mileage Club and Polysquad
- Quill 3D/VR Painting & Sculpting: Pencil Mileage Club and Polysquad
- Monitor looping student, 2019 SIGGRAPH art exhibition (animation, graphic design)
- Women in Animation Club (student club)
- Stop-Motion Shorts, “art & low tech/iPhone apps” interactive filmmaking & posting to Instagram
- Visualization Collaboration project with Gravitational Wave Physics & Astronomy Center
Learn more about the career possibilities which utilize skills in both art and technology.
All CSUF students welcome!
Advance Registration: $5 (Includes lanyard* and pizza)
* first 50 on-site registrants
If you wish to purchase tickets over the phone during normal business hours
(Mon.-Fri., 11 am-5 pm)
, please contact
the Box Office at (657) 278-5936. If difficulties with online sales persist, the Box Office will be open the day of the event.