What is group therapy?
Group Therapy is a form of counseling where students come together and work on life issues in a shared way. CAPS Therapy Groups:
- Are run by qualified CAPS Counselors, who are knowledgeable in interpersonal dynamics and in guiding individuals through various important life issues.
- Provide a unique opportunity as they allow for group members to learn from, support, and help each other work on the group topic together.
- Are free to current CSUF students!
- Are diverse in topics - see the list below!
- Are typically 90 minutes in length.
- Run in person on campus
- Are private and confidential, and we ask that what is shared in group stays in group.
Require a committment to attending all sessions for the semester. (Not able to make it? Check out our Drop-In Groups that you can attend when it works for your schedule!)
Please note: All students must have an up-to-date assessment & screening appointment completed to be eligible for Group. An assessment & screening appointment can be scheduled by
contacting CAPS at (657) 278-3040 .