The Career Center is dedicated to advancing and supporting campus-wide career advising. Activities include offering advising and career workshops for faculty advisors, department coordinators, and students. We are available to attend department meetings, visit classes, and coordinate with clubs, organizations and residence hall staff to offer assistance. If you want to promote student success and think we can help, let us know and count us in!
We can provide information to you and your students in a variety of ways, including:
- Class or club presentations on resume writing, interview techniques, job and internship search, career options for majors, and other topics.
- Collaboration on incorporating career development into academic coursework.
- Assistance hiring students for your department or research projects.
- Career Center Tours.
For more information , call 657-278-3121. We will connect you with Career Center staff.
Create an Assignment
The Career Center would like to collaborate by providing our career development related services, including major and career exploration and career readiness assignment support and ideas. Please contact the Career Center to assist you with options 657-278-3121.
Several resources are available for faculty that can be easily incorporated into the curriculum as assignments or for extra credit.
Have your students attend or participate in the following:
When working with students, please refer to the following types of appointments available to them:
- Major Exploration
- Career Assessments
- Career Options with Major /Industry Specific Questions
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Job or Internship Search
- Interview Preparation & Mock Interviews
- LinkedIn Profile Creation & Development
- Graduate School Preparation
- Statement of Purpose Reviews
- Workability Client Appointments
The following resources are available for your use as well as students' use:
- Career Exploration Databases- Eureka, Ferguson’s and What Can I Do with My Major
- Career Center Career Guide
- Recorded Webinars
- Interview Stream- Virtual interview practice
- Titan Connection- Job and internship database
- Titan Resume Builder- Create a new resume
Major and Career Exploration Assignments
- In Class Group or Career Assessment Interpretation
- Interest/Strengths/Values Worksheet (p. 8 in Career Guide)
- Explore a Major or Career - Ferguson, Eureka, What Can I do With This Major Databases
- Career Center Exploratory Event Participation
- In Class Major or Career Exploration Related Workshop
Career Readiness Assignments
- Watch a Recorded Webinar on a Career Related Topic
- Get a Resume or Cover Letter Review during Drive-Thru hours at the Career Center
- Practice Interviewing with Interview Stream - a Virtual Interview Experience
- Attend a Career Fair or Expo
- Attend a Workshop, Panel or Information Session
- In Class Career Readiness Workshop