Learn. Engage. Connect. Gain insights at our panel discussions on career paths, goals and life tips with distinguished alumni.
Slice of Advice will bring together alumni and professionals working in various industries to share their Slice of Advice with you. Learn more about panelists' career paths, how they got their foot in the door, and how you can prepare for similar careers. These informal conversations with alumni consist of panels, time for Q&A, and networking.
Light refreshments will be provided. Co-sponsored by the CSUF Career Center, Alumni Association & ASI.
Visit www.periscope.tv/CSUFcareer to watch any of the presentations LIVE or tune in on the Periscope app and follow us (@CSUFcareer). If you missed a presentation, visit our Periscope page to watch it.
Spring 2017 Speaker Series Line-Up
What's Next in Tech
Thursday, February 16 | TSU Alvarado AB | 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Come hear from CSUF alumni and professionals in the field about whats new in technology in the industry of your passion, how can learning this technology help you land a job or internship.
Come get some fresh advice about software and technology required for your career and staying ahead of the game on upcoming tech in different industries. Hear from industry pros:
- Bill Ballew, VP of Research & Development, DreamWorks Animation
- Courtney Currin, Intern Recruiter, DreamWorks Animation
- Lizbeth Martinez, Recruiter, Verizon Wireless (CSUF Alum)
Careers That Make an Impact
Tuesday, February 21 | TSU Alvarado AB | 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Helping professions are more than nursing, counseling or PT! Come hear a slice of advice from these amazing guest speakers whose career paths have been down the road less traveled. Students will have a chance to network one-on-one with speakers after the panel session.
- Lui Amador, Director, CSUF Veteran's Resource Center
- Bianca Leon, Under Represented Minority Recruitment, UCI Admissions
- Julia Moreno, Bilingual Regional Development Representative, St. Judes
Understanding Diversity in the Workplace
Wednesday, March 15 | TSU Alvarado AB | 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Come get a fresh slice from professionals in the field about what diversity in the workspace is all about. Representatives from Microsoft, Honda and other top companies will be sharing their expertise to help you more successfully navigate today's diverse world.
- Kim Winburn, Sr. Recruiter, Microsoft (CSUF Alum)
- James Wong, Assistant Manager Product Training, American Honda Motor (CSUF Alum)
- Bupendra Ram, HR Professional, INNOCEAN (CSUF Alum)
- Emma Simmons, Southern California Edison
- Morgan Franson, Head of Casting, BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (CSUF Alum)
Creative Careers Panel
Wednesday, April 5 | TSU Alvarado AB | 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Professionals from a variety of creative careers will share methods of finding work and best entrepreneurial practices to successfully market yourself as an artist. Students will hear first hand how the business of being a creative professional can work for them, and have a chance to network one-on-one with panelists.
Daniel Knowles, (CSUF BA Music'02)
Singing Voice Specialist/Speech-Language Pathologist
Progressive Vocal Techniques (TM)
Daniel Knowles Vocal Studio
Check for updates as additional panelists are confirmed!