College of Education
College Career Specialist for the College of Education
To make an appointment with your College Career Specialist, please Schedule an Appointment Online
Visit Miguel at his Drop-In Hours (no appointment needed):
- Tuesdays, 4:00 pm- 7:00pm in EC-379
Learn more about your College Student Success Team.
Internship/Job Search Sites
- Titan Connection – CSUF online job board
- EDJOIN - K-12 positions (certificated and classified)
- Higher Education Jobs
- California Community College Registry
- TEACH California
- American Association for Employment in Education
- California Teachers Association
- Peace Corps
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship - Scholarship for Teaching English Abroad
- JET - English teaching opportunities in Japan
- World Teach - Programs for teaching English abroad
- Dave's ESL Cafe - "The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
- ESLJOBS.com -Search by region of the world to browse jobs teaching English as a Second Language
- English International - Information and advice on teaching English overseas
- Office of Overseas Schools - Includes U.S. Department of State listings of schools, training programs, and employment opportunities
- Jobs Abroad in Spain
- International Jobs-Working Overseas - (This site has a listing of resources through the US Department of State, click on American Citizens Abroad and navigated through the tabs to helpful information and found a listing various working abroad programs, under links to other sites.)
Note that some of the ESL (English as Second Language) positions may ask for TESOL or TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) credentials (master’s or certifications).
Center for Careers in Teaching –
If you are considering a career in teaching please visit the Center for Careers in Teaching (CCT) for assistance with academic advising. The CCT helps you determine the appropriate majors, minors, general education, pre-requisite or any other course needed to enter a credential program.
For more information on the single and multiple subject credential programs, please visit the CSUF-Center for Careers in Teaching in Education Classroom Building (EC379).
College of Education Student Organizations
- Child and Adolescent Studies Student Association (CSUF CASSA) – CASSA is for students from any majors who are interested in working with children and/or adolescents.
- Club TEACH (Teachers Encouraging Action, Change, and Hope) – Club TEACH is a student organization that supports the professional development of the students in the combined Multiple Subject Credential & Master’s Program (contact firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Student California Teachers Association (SCTA) – Student California Teachers Association (SCTA) consists of college students pursuing careers as educators.
- Student Council for Exceptional Children (SCEC) – The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted.
- Higher Education Leadership Organization (HELO) – HELO is an organization dedicated to the professional and personal development of the graduate students of the Master’s in Education Concentration in Higher Education at California State University, Fullerton.
- Liberal Studies Student Association – The association plans and participates in cultural and learning activities, social activities, and activities related to academic life.
Off Campus Resources
California Educator Credentialing Examinations Resource Sites
If you are interested in Teaching you are required to take and pass the following qualifying exams such as the CSET, the CBEST and the RICA. For more information check out the following sites.
Are you looking for a career with a mission? Then consider pursuing a career in Education. Teachers/or Educators are critical thinkers and life-long learners who promote diversity, work collaboratively, and advocate for their students.
Sample of Careers in Education:
- Adult Education
- Bilingual Education
- Educational Administration
- Elementary Education
- Guidance Counselor
- Higher Education Professionals
- Library Services
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL)