TheTitan After School Education and Safety program is a collaborative effort between California State University, Fullerton’s Center for Internships & Community Engagement and the Buena Park School District. A.S.E.S. provides afters-chool programming for over 500 children, grades 1 through 8. The A.S.E.S. staff provide developmentally appropriate programs that focus on the process of learning while also helping students enjoy many other enriching experiences. A.S.E.S. encourages not just learning, but also the love of learning.
What is Titan A.S.E.S.?
The Buena Park A.S.E.S. program has a variety of primary components:
- A reading and comprehension curriculum entitled Read for Real
- Homework assistance
- CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) curriculum offers physical and social development through physical activities
- A variety club that children can participate in depending on their interest; examples include music, the environment, sports, etc.
- A supplemental, social-emotional learning and character-education resources called Voices
- AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination) curriculum, a college readiness system for elementary through higher education that is designed to increase schoolwode learning and performance.
How can you get involved in a program that changes lives for the better?
WApply to join the Titan A.S.E.S. team managing a classroom of 20 children as:
You can get course credit or volunteer in an A.S.E.S. classroom:
- You can do your internship with the program, working with students from a variety of backgrounds in areas of interest to you.
- You can use any of our Titan A.S.E.S. sites as a service-learning placement, working with youth in an afterschool setting.
- You can volunteer and share your talents, skills and interests with students who need a little extra support.
You can make a difference!
Where is Titan A.S.E.S.?
Gordon H. Beatty School (K-6)
Arthur F. Corey School (K-6)
Carl E. Gilbert School (K-6)
Mabel L. Pendleton School (K-6)
James A. Whitaker School (K-6)
Buena Park Junior High School (7-8)
Center for Internships & Community Engagement
California State University, Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., LH 206
Fullerton CA 92831
Christopher Perez, Program Director
Fax: (657) 278-1425
Jennifer Rodil, Volunteer Services Coordinator
Phone: (657) 278-3827
How to Apply
Apply for Academic Internship / Volunteer / Service-Learning Position
A.S.E.S. is supported
by Prop 49