News & Updates
Finance 9.0 Upgrade
The Finance System is currently upgrading from version 8.4 to 9.0 with a tentative Go Live date of Friday, 3/9 at 7:00am. During this upgrade, campus users will be able to access the system for inquiry only. The campus will be notified when the system has been upgraded and can resume activities.
This upgrade offers enhanced functionality to Finance central offices (i.e. Budget, Accounts Payable, Procurement) with little to no impact to the distributed users. Training documentation has been updated and can be found on the CMS Training and Support page.
Please refer to the CMS Finance page for more information.
CFS – Common Financial System
The Chancellor’s Office is consolidating the Finance databases of all 23 CSU campuses in order to standardize Finance business processes across all campuses and to both simplify and reduce the costs of system implementations and maintenance. See below for more information on the benefits, implementation strategy and campus impact of CFS.
Why a CSU Common Financial System?
- Consolidate “best of breed” campus modifications
- Improve Internal Controls
- Deliver a reporting solution via a data warehouse
- Improve system performance
- Improve security per audit recommendations
- Contain or reduce costs
- Enhance training opportunities
- Simplify the upgrade process
- Common administrative best business practices
How will we do it?
- Begin March 2009 - Develop a Common Baseline utilizing a robust campus as a starting point
- Create a Team of dedicated campus and CO financial professionals
- Targeted Completion June 2010 - Implement common baseline simultaneously on campuses
What is likely to change on a campus?
- Campuses retain flexibility in financial reporting
- Change Management
- Dependent on Baseline selected
- Job scheduling and processing
- Modification Governance
- Consolidate Identity Management