Beginning college survey of student engagement (BCSSE)
CSUF is a participating institution in the Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE) , which collects data about entering students' prior academic and co-curricular experiences, as well as their expectations for participating in educationally purposeful activities during the coming college year. BCSSE results can be paired with a NSSE administration at the end of the first college year, providing an in-depth understanding of first-year student engagement.
National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
CSUF is a participating institution in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) , which collects comprehensive information on effective programs and activities that higher education institutions provide to promote student learning and personal development, and how their students participate in these practices.
- 2022 NSSE Engagement Indicators
- 2022 NSSE Major Field Report
- 2022 NSSE Experiences with Online Learning Report
- 2022 NSSE Inclusiveness & Engagement with Diversity Report
- 2020 NSSE Engagement Indicators
- 2020 NSSE High-Impact Practices
- 2018 NSSE Engagement Indicators
- 2018 NSSE High-Impact Practices
- Prior Years NSSE Reports
For detailed NSSE survey results for our campus, please visit the NSSE dashboard (CSUF internal only).
CSUF launched an Undergraduate Exit Survey in spring 2017, which collects a wide variety of information on student learning curricular, and co-curricular experiences. The survey also incorprated college/department-specific questions in order to collect targeted information to support student success initiatives at the local level.
- Exit Survey 2020-21: All Findings | 2020-21: 2-Page Summary , 2-Page Summary - Accessible Version
- Exit Survey 2018-19: All Findings | 2018-19: 1-Page Summary , 1-Page Summary - Accessible Version
- Exit Survey 2016-17: All Findings | 2016-17: 1-Page Summary