Program Educational Objectives and
Program Educational Objectives
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department has established the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Technical Skills: Graduates will be successful in multidisciplinary engineering practice and being well integrated into the workforce.
- Professional Skills: Graduates will demonstrate professional skills necessary to be competent employees/leaders.
- Professional Attitude: Graduates will have high ethical and professional standards toward advancement of the profession and society.
Upon completion of the degree program, graduates of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program must demonstrate:
1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.