1. How to schedule an appointment with advisors?
For advising with ECS Student Success Center, visit here .
For advising with the CpE program, visit here .
Regular Advising Sessions - Fall 2018:
- M, W, F - 10:30 AM - 10:50 AM, 10:50 AM - 11:10 AM, and 11:10 AM - 11:30 AM
- F - 3:00 PM - 3:20 PM, 3:20 PM - 3:40 PM, and 3:40 PM - 4:00 PM
Please keep in mind:
2. How should I plan my studies?
This is an editable flowchart for you to use. Please use it to draft a study plan before meeting with an advisor if you need to discuss your study plan. Please see this YouTube video for instructions on using this flowchart.
Also, here is a template for your advising notes . To speed up your advising session, please fill in your tentative schedule prior to your advising appointment.
NOTE: the advising session is all digital. Do not bring paper copies. Computers will be available for you to use during the session.
3. Where are the advising sessions held?
Group Sessions - E-323
Individual Sessions (students on academic probation only) - E-408
4. What is advising and what is the requirement?
Academic advising is an opportunity to review your progress toward your degree.
Undergraduate students are required to meet with an advisor once a year. If this requirement is not met, an administrative hold will be placed on your records automatically, and you won’t be able to register for classes.
5. Who should I meet for advising?
For Freshmen and Sophomores - ECS Student Success Center
For Juniors and Seniors in good standing - Group advising with a CpE advisor
For Juniors and Seniors on academic probation - Individual advising with a CpE advisor
- For Freshmen and Sophomores, meeting with a staff member at ECS Student Success Center counts toward the once per year advising requirement.
- For Juniors and Seniors, meeting with a staff member at ECS Student Success Center does NOT count toward the once per year advising requirement.
- For Juniors and Seniors, meeting with the CpE program counts toward the once per year advising requirement.
- Staff members at ECS Student Success Center may refer you to the CpE program after your meeting with them if it is necessary for your case.
7. How to cancel or reschedule your advising appointments?
For appointments made with ECS Student Success Center, contact them directly for cancellation and rescheduling.
For appointments made with the CpE program:
- To cancel an appointment, use the appointment app . Cancellation is only allowed if it is at least 24 hours before the start of the original appointment.
- To reschedule an appointment, use the appointment app . Rescheduling is only allowed if it is at least 24 hours before the start of the original appointment.