Effective June 8, 2022 the Computer Engineering Program has merged with the Department of Electrical Engineering to form the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE). This website will no longer be updated so for current information please go to the new ECE website.
CpE Undergraduate Advising
NOTE: this page is for Computer Engineering (CpE) Undergraduate Advising only
For CpE BS Advising
- Advising will be conducted via Zoom (see #1 below)
For CpE BS-MS Advising
For CpE Graduate (MS) Advising
For Computer Science (CS) Advising
1. How to schedule an appointment with advisors?
CpE Undergraduate Advising only
- Freshman and Sophomores, advisement is with the ECS Student Success Center
- Juniors and Seniors, advisement is with the CpE program - https://fullerton.campus.eab.com/pal/Mr8OfNAARS
No walk in hours, an appointment is required
Good Academic Standing? - Please schedule an advising session here
- Advising session appointments must be made through TitanNet
- 20 minute sessions
- On Probation? - Please email Dr. Faller as noted above to schedule an appointment.
- Zoom link will be emailed to you
- If these times don't work for you, please email Dr. Faller directly.
Please Keep in Mind:
- Your future appointments may be declined if you do not show up after making an appointment
- Only make one appointment
- Appointments are limited and, when you make multiple appointments, you remove a space(s) someone else could have used
- If you can't make a scheduled appointment, you must cancel/reschedule
- Minimum notice required for canceling/rescheduling an appointment is 24 hours
- If you are having trouble with TitanNET, please email Dr. Faller indicating the type (i.e., good standing or probation), date, and time of the desired appointment
2. How should I plan my studies?
This is an editable flowchart for you to use. Please use it to draft a study plan before meeting with an advisor if you need to discuss your study plan. Please see this YouTube video for instructions on using this flowchart.
NOTE: the advising session is all digital. Do not bring paper copies. Computers will be available for you to use during the session.
3. Where are the advising sessions held?
Group Sessions - Zoom
Individual Sessions (students on academic probation only) - Zoom
4. What is advising and what is the requirement?
Academic advising is an opportunity to review your progress toward your degree.
Undergraduate students are required to meet with an advisor once a year. If this requirement is not met, an administrative hold will be placed on your records automatically, and you won’t be able to register for classes.
5. Who should I meet for advising?
For Freshmen and Sophomores - ECS Student Success Center
For Juniors and Seniors in good standing - Group advising with a CpE advisor
For Juniors and Seniors on academic probation - Individual advising with a CpE advisor
- For Freshmen and Sophomores, meeting with a staff member at ECS Student Success Center counts toward the once per year advising requirement.
- For Juniors and Seniors, meeting with a staff member at ECS Student Success Center does NOT count toward the once per year advising requirement.
- For Juniors and Seniors, meeting with the CpE program counts toward the once per year advising requirement.
- Staff members at ECS Student Success Center may refer you to the CpE program after your meeting with them if it is necessary for your case.
7. How to cancel or reschedule your advising appointments?
For appointments made with ECS Student Success Center, contact them directly for cancellation and rescheduling.
For appointments made with the CpE program:
- To cancel an appointment, use the appointment app . Cancellation is only allowed if it is at least 24 hours before the start of the original appointment.
- To reschedule an appointment, use the appointment app . Rescheduling is only allowed if it is at least 24 hours before the start of the original appointment.
12. How do I apply for graduation (grad check)?
13. International Student Study Plans and Extension Letters
Students requesting a study plan and/or SACM extension will need to follow-up with the ECS International Student Advisor
14. Students on Academic Notice (formerly called Academic Probation)
Please see the ECS Students on Academic Notice page.
15. Interested in declaring a minor?
Please see the Registrations and Records - Minor/Major Change Form
Many of our students are interested in getting a CS minor. For information on a CS minor, please see the CS handbook .
16. Any other questions?
Please contact the Computer Engineering office at firstname.lastname@example.org