Department of Computer Science
We provide students with:
- a strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and computer system technology.
- practical problem-solving skills for creating computer systems and applications.
- the ability and motivation to adapt as technology advances.
Creative research and professional development by our faculty and our students are essential to our success.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Computer Science program has established the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Technical Growth – Graduates will be successful in foundational and modern computing practices, integrate into the local and global workforce, promote growth and prosperity of the regional economy in the state and national level, and have passion for the profession and its growth.
- Professional Skills – Graduates will continue to demonstrate the professional skills and communicative abilities necessary to be competent employees, assume leadership roles, and have career success and satisfaction.
- Professional Attitude and Citizenship – Graduates will become productive members of society with high ethical and professional standards, who make sound technical or managerial decisions.