Skip to Content (Press Enter)

 California State University, Fullerton

Graduate Admissions Information

Are you an International Student?
If yes, please visit the international admissions page for more information.

Contact Graduate and International Admissions for the College of Engineering and Computer Science at or (657) 278-7786. You may also fax to (657) 278-8086 or visit the office in CS 311 (campus map available at                             

How to Apply
Graduate admissions will be open to both domestic and international applicants for the upcoming Fall 2015 term. Applications may be submitted starting October 1, 2014  at

Submit an application and pay the $55 application fee online at For additional information concerning the $55 application fee please consult After submitting your application online submit all transcripts, as detailed below, to the following address:

ECS Admissions
College of Engineering and Computer Science
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6870
Fullerton, CA 92834-6870

1) A CSUF application and all supporting documents (official transcripts from all institutions attended, marksheets, degree certificate, and official TOEFL/ IETLS /PTE sores)  must be received by the ECS Graduate and International Admissions Office by the date below:


Fall Semester (Begin Accepting Applications October 1st) 

International & Domestic Applicants

Domestic Applicant only

  • Environmental Engineering online 


July 15, 2015

  •  Software Engineering Online

Domestic Applicant only

International: As of the Fall 2015, we are no longer accepting  TOEFL waiver forms. Applicants will need to present the results of an  acceptable  English test assessment like the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE to validate  their English skills.




The Domestic deadline includes individuals who are currently living in the US regardless of their visa status. However, you are considered under our international admission requirements if you received your degree outside the US which requires official transcripts from all institutions attended, marksheets, degree certificate, and official TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores.

Newly Admitted Graduate Students

Accepting admission and paying the enrollment deposit are required to confirm your intent to enroll at CSU Fullerton

All Graduate students who intend to enroll at CSU Fullerton must accept their offer of admission and pay a non-refundable $250 enrollment deposit. The deposit will offset a portion of your Registration Fees for the first semester.  You must accept admission and pay your enrollment deposit through your Student Portal, within the Student Center, beginning February 20, 2015 through July 1, 2015 (the last day).  If you are admitted after July 1, you have two weeks from the date you were admitted to accept your offer of admissions.

***The July 1deadline does not apply to you if you are admitted under the Civil Engineering – Environmental Engineering or Software Engineering online programs; these programs do not have a deadline.

International Students: Your I-20 will not be released until you accept your admission.

2) Apply online at .

3) For international admission requirements and deadlines, please consult:

Early application and supporting documents submission is strongly advised, due to strong demand for programs.

Requirements for Admission
In order to meet the minimum requirements for admission, applicants must have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended, and have attained a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 (A=4.0) from their undergraduate coursework completed. Graduate exams such as the GRE or GMAT are not required for any master's program in the College of Engineering and Computer Science.

An official transcript is required from each university or college you have attended since high school. A transcript is required for all community college coursework even if the transfer credit is reflected on another transcript. If you have already received your bachelor's degree, your transcript must include documentation that you have received the bachelor's degree. If you are currently in the last year of your undergraduate program, your application can be evaluated with only one semester of grades missing. For example, if you are applying for Fall 2007 but will not receive your bachelor's degree until Spring 2007, your transcript must show grades through Fall 2006. You need to wait to send in your transcript until your fall semester grades have been posted.

Please have all transcripts sent directly to:
The College of Engineering and Computer Science
ECS Admissions
College of Engineering and Computer Science
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6870
Fullerton, CA 92834-6870

If you wish to check on the status of your application to a master's program, please email The email must include your first and last name, CWID (Campus Wide ID#), and name of program.

Can I Attend Part Time?
Yes! Many of our graduate courses are offered in the evening to accommodate working professionals.The Software Engineering and Environmental Engineering programs are offered entirely online and therefore fit anyone’s schedule.

How Long Does It Take To Receive My Master's Degree?
All of the master's programs require 30 units to receive your degree. There are many factors that affect how long it will take to receive your degree; the most important factors are how many courses you plan to take per semester and if you have any deficiency (prerequisite) courses to complete before beginning the required 30 units. The one exception is the Software Engineering program; the program consists of two courses per semester for five semesters (22 months).

Can I be Admitted if I don't Have a Bachelor's Degree in the Same Major?
Yes! You can still be admitted if you do not have an academic background in the field you are applying for. You will be assigned deficiency (prerequisite) courses by an advisor in the department. You can take these courses as a master's student at CSUF before beginning the 30 units required for the master's degree. A resume is required to assess your work experience if you are applying to Software Engineering; please send your resume to once you have submitted your application to Software Engineering.

Can I Transfer Courses I took at Another University Into the Master's Program?
You can request to apply a limited number of transfer courses towards unit requirements for a master's degree. The maximum number of units that can be transferred to a master's program is nine (9). 

Can I Take a Class Without Being Admitted to a Master's Program?
Yes! Anyone can enroll in undergraduate and graduate-level classes through Open University. Registration is provided on a space available basis. If a course has prerequisites you must have met the prerequisites in order to be eligible to enroll. If you decide to apply for a master's program at CSUF you may be able to transfer courses taken through Open University. Visit Open University for more information.

Visit the Student Financial Services page for fee information. The link to "Fee Info" along the top will give you information on Registration Fees (required for all students), Non-Resident Tuition (required for students who are not legal residents of California for residency purposes), and Required Course Fees (Distance Learning Fee required for the MSE program). Students on an F-1 visa must pay Non-Resident Tuition every semester. The MSE program is 6 units per semester; all other graduate programs can be taken on a part-time or full-time basis.

Scholarships available to students in the College of Engineering and Computer Science can be found at Information about Financial Aid (including scholarships, loans, and grants) can be found at Information about funding specific to graduate students can also be found at

Are you an International Student?
If yes, see information about international admissions.

Additional Resources
More information about graduate admissions and graduate studies can be found at Admissions and Records, Graduate Studies and the Catalog.

Fall 2015 Graduate New Student Orientation

The orientation will take place on August 21, 2015. An e-mail will be sent to newly admitted students with more information. 

Contact Graduate and International Admissions for the College of Engineering and Computer Science at or (657) 278-7786. You may also visit the office in CS 311 (campus map available at