What Are the EOP Eligibility Requirements?
EOP applicants must be highly motivated, historically low-income (minimum of 10 years within the USA), educationally disadvantaged and first-generation college students (parents have not completed a four-year college degree - siblings do not count). EOP applicants must also meet the income-criteria described below.
EOP applicants must meet the preliminary family income guidelines listed below and demonstrate their family is unable to provide an annual contribution of more than $1,500 toward their college expenses. These guidelines are not intended to exclude economically disadvantaged students, but to identify and give priority to the most financially needy applicants.
These guidelines reflect an income level that will generate an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of approximately $1,500. For dependent applicants, this contribution is based solely on the parental income and does not take into account any parental assets nor does it assume any contribution from the student's income or assets.
- Demonstrate on the EOP application academic potential and motivation
- Demonstrate on the EOP application and CSU admission documents a need for EOP services
- Be a California state resident or an AB540 student
- Meet EOP income criteria
- Be historically low-income
EOP INCOME CRITERIA
An EOP applicant must fall into one of the following income categories to be eligible for EOP.
These guidelines are not intended to exclude disadvantaged students but to identify and give priority to those most financially needy.
2020-2021 EOP Income Criteria
Dependent Student Workbook
|Family Size||Maximum Income|
Independent Student Workbook
|Status||Family Size||Maximum Income|
|Single, No Dependents||1||$16,300|
|Married, No Dependents Other Than Spouse||2||$28,400|
|With Dependents Other Than a Spouse||2||$48,200|
First Time Freshman
First-time freshman applicants must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible for admission to CSU, Fullerton through EOP.
- Be a high school graduate.
- Have completed the college preparatory subject requirements with a grade of “C” or better. Each applicant is evaluated individually and an overall pattern of achievement must be evident. A college prep program of study should include at least 3 years of high school English and 2 years of high school mathematics, with a “C” grade or better. All 8th semester college-prep courses must be passed with a “C” grade or better.
Transfer applicants must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible for admission to CSU, Fullerton through EOP.
- Must be an upper division transfer applicant (60 transferable units or more).
- Have completed GE English Composition, Mathematics, Oral Communication and Critical Thinking requirements.
- Have earned a college grade point average of at least a 2.0 in transferable units attempted and be in good standing with the last institution attended. Students who live outside of the determined Local Area may have a higher GPA requirement. Please check the Admissions website at http://www.fullerton.edu/admissions for out-of-local area requirements.