Year Round Programs
Financial Aid is typically awarded for Fall and Spring terms only, there are several programs at CSU Fullerton that are designated as Year Round Programs. The programs require students to be enrolled in courses in Fall, Spring, & Summer. This results in the students in these programs receiving unique financial aid awards. In the Office of Financial Aid we call these programs, Special Programs, as they have special financial aid rules. Some of these programs may have additional fees above and beyond the standard fees, books, parking, etc. The Office of Financial aid is required to reserve 1/3 of your annual Federal Direct Loan eligibility for that mandatory summer term and, if applicable, update your cost of attendance with any additional allowable educational expenses if you are in a Special Program.
Special Programs Listed by Degree Type
|Nursing Distance EL-BSN: 33NURDUBS||Nursing LVN: 33NURVUBS|
|School Nurse Services Credential: 33CHDDPCRD||Cal State Teach: 94MSCMPND|
|Nursing Distance EL-BSN: 33NURDPBS||Nursing Accelerated BSN: 33NURQPBS||Nursing LVN: 33NURVPBS||Pre-Health: 66PHEEPCRT|
|Nurse Anesthetist: 33NURAPMS||Nursing/EL-MSN: 33NUREPMS||Nursing Leadership: 33NURLPMS||Nursing Leadership Distance: 33NURRPM|
MS in Nursing
MS in Education
|MS Combined Elementary Curriculum and Credential: 50EDCCPMS||MS in Instructional Design: 50IDTEPMS|
|MS in Information Technology: 42INFTPMS|
|Doctor of Nursing Practice: 33NDNPPDNP||
EdD, Educational Leadership
UNIVERSITY EXTENDED EDUCATION UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
|BA in Sociology: 37SOCXUBA||BA in Business Administration: 42BUPOUBA|
UNIVERSITY EXTENDED EDUCATION GRADUATE PROGRAMS
|MS in Counseling: 33COGGPMS||MS in Social Work: 33MSWXPMSW||MS in Taxation: 42TAXOPMS||MS in Software Engineering: 69EGSXPMS|
|MBA Program: 42FMBAPMBA||MBA Business Administration : 42BUMXPMBA|
TYPES OF AID & ELIGIBILITY FOR SPECIAL PROGRAMS
Due to the year round nature of these special programs we are required to reserve a portion of your student loan eligibility for the summer term.
Important Note: Only students who are eligible to file a FAFSA application are eligible to receive Federal forms of financial aid.
All of the following are consider eligible for Federal Grant.
- All 1st time undergraduate students, including those in UEE programs
- Cal State Teach Students
State Grant Programs
- State University Grant -- All student who pay state fees, with the exception of Postbac/2nd BA students, are considered for this grant. Because UEE and Doctoral program students do not pay state fees, they are also not considered for this grant.
- Cal Grant -- All 1st time undergraduates are considered including those in UEE programs.
Federal Direct Loans
- Subsidized Loan -- All undergraduate and Cal State Teach students, include those in UEE programs are considered.
- Unsubsidized Loan -- All student whether in undergraduate or graduate programs, including UEE programs, are considered.
Federal Plus Loans
- Parent Plus -- Parents of dependent 1st time undergraduate students, including those in UEE programs, may apply at studentloans.gov.
- Graduate Plus -- All graduate students including those in the Doctoral and UEE programs, may apply at studentloans.gov.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We know that you may have additional questions. We have created some FAQ handouts that may be of use to you, click those of interest to you to obtain a pdf copy.