Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Student Wellness (SHCC-West)
Updated April 1, 2020
- Patients with refills can have their prescription(s) transferred out to any pharmacy of their choice that may be closer and more convenient for them if they choose.
- If the patient has their prescription bottle, they can hand it to the pharmacy staff and let them know that they would want to have it filled there.
- If the patient does not have their prescription bottle then the patient is to give the pharmacy staff their name, campus wide ID number, the name of the medication, and our phone number (657) 278-2890. The pharmacy will take care of the rest.
- If patients are unsure whether they have refills or not, they are always welcome to call us and our pharmacy staff can let them know.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does the Health Services Pharmacy accept or fill prescriptions from an outside physician?
We can only fill prescriptions written by a Student Wellness provider. If desired, please schedule an appointment with a Student Wellness provider for evaluation of your prescription.
How do I pay for my prescriptions?
Charges for services and products received at Health Services will post to your student account within 48 hours of service. At that time, you can make your payment:
- online - your Titan Online Student Center
- in person - at the campus Cashier's Office, GH-180
Can I use a prescription insurance card at the Health Services Pharmacy?
We do not bill insurance but you may ask for a receipt to submit a claim to your insurance company. Also, you may inform your Student Wellness provider that you have insurance and ask for the original prescription to fill at another pharmacy.
How can I refill a prescription?
Prescriptions previously filled at the Health Services Pharmacy can be refilled if the prescription indicates refills are permitted. This can be ordered on the day of pick-up by telephone and in person.
If I have a prescription with refills originally filled at the Health Services Pharmacy, can I have this prescription filled at another pharmacy?
Yes, we are able to transfer your prescription as long as there are valid refills left on the prescription order. Please call the other pharmacy and let them know of the transfer.
What over-the-counter (OTC) items are kept in stock by the Health Services Pharmacy?
- Ibuprofen 200mg (Advil/Motrin)
- Loratidine 10mg (Claritin)
- Acetaminophen 325mg and 500mg (Tylenol)
- Nasal Moisturizing Spray
- Artificial Tears Solution
- Hydrocortisone 1% Cream
- Clotrimazole 1% Cream
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment
- Guafenesin Cough Syrup (Robitussin)
- Peptic Relief (Pepto-Bismol)
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment (Neosporin)
Please call or stop by for a complete list of OTC products currently offered at the Health Services Pharmacy. We offer a variety of common over the counter medication but stock and prices may vary daily.
Can I fill a prescription written by an outside physician?
The CSUF SHCC pharmacy can only fill prescriptions written by a CSUF SHCC provider.
If the prescription is written by an outside provider and you would like to fill it at the CSUF SHCC pharmacy you must make an appointment with the SHCC to have one of our providers rewrite it for you.
What over-the-counter (OTC) items are kept in stock by the Student Health Pharmacy?
Please call or stop by for a complete list of OTC products currently offered at the Student Health Pharmacy. We offer a variety of common over the counter medication but stock changes daily.