Important News and Announcements
3/21/14 Job Opportunity
The HPAO is now looking to hire a new student assistant. If interested, please download the Job announcement and application here.
1/31/14 MCAT Announces 2014/2015 Registration Dates
Registration will open in February for June 2014 through January 2015 MCAT testing dates. There will be a split registration opening and new dates added to the previously published schedule.
The split opening will proceed based on the following schedule:
· Tuesday, February 11: registration will open for June – September 2014 administration dates
· Thursday, February 13: registration will open for October 2014 – January 2015 administration dates
AAMC has also added the following additional test administration dates to the schedule:
· Tuesday, October 21 – am administration
· Saturday, October 25 – pm administration
· Friday, November 7 – am administration
· Thursday, January 15, 2015 – pm administration
· Friday, January 23, 2015 – am administration
1/27/14 Tour for Diversity
When: February 5th, 9AM- 5PM
Where: Cal State University Dominguez Hills
Information: Download flyer here
- To promote medicine and dentistry to undergraduate students of racial and ethnic underrepresented minorities in medicine as defined by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- To host sessions on university campuses focusing on premedical academic achievement, the application process, and other skills necessary for success in the medical and dental fields.
- To partner with key players in the academia, health care, and education.
- To involve enthusiastic health professionals and health professional students as workshop facilitators and mentors.
Conceived by former medical student leaders, Tour for Diversity in Medicine is a grassroots effort to educate, inspire, and cultivate future minority physicians and dentists. Current trends in racial and ethnic health care disparities are widely documented and a major focus of many recent federal and state health policy changes. One frequently discussed solution is the need to increase the number of minority providers. The numbers of underrepresented minorities in medical schools (those racial and ethnic groups that are underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population – African-American, Hispanic, and Native American) are alarming. T4D seeks to address this concern by using the experiences and advising of current minority physicians, dentists, and medical students to help undergraduate students along the educational pipeline to medical/dental school.
From SHPA: The goal of Tour for Diversity is to increase the number of underrepresented minority physicians and dentists. It will take place on Wednesday, February 5th at CSUDH from 9am-4pm. There will be sessions on applications, financial assistance, interviewing, standardized test, etc. The registration is free and any students driving from other CSUs do not have to pay for parking and there will also be a free lunch. IF up to 30 students sign up, the Health Professions Office will provide a bus for us to take for free to CSUDH.
- If you would like more information, please follow this link: http://tour4diversity.org/event/february-2014-tour/
- If you would like to register, please sign up here: https://docs.google.com/a/csu.fullerton.edu/forms/d/1rK-tprvSyu18QBcN5jjGkzY7EDPqOtpdeSKD95VvBEk/viewform
- And if you would like to sign up to carpool using the bus, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/a/csu.fullerton.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag8hf0FJmso5dGtsTXNhR0R6dXMtZEhycWN3ZFg4alE&usp=sharing#gid=0
11/25/13 Social Media Professionalism
11/15/2013: 50th Anniversary Celebration Successful
10/24/13: Minor HESC Courses
Non-health science students who have registered for the minor should contact Alysia Ransons in KHS 161A for a permit to register for HESC courses. No appointment is necessary.
The office hours are:
- Mondays & Wednesdays 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Tuesdays 10:00am – 3:30pm
- Thursdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm
7/18/2013 Pre-Health Professions Minor Approved Fall 2013
A new minor in pre-health professions has been approved to be offered beginning Fall 2013. This minor has been created to prepare Cal State Fullerton students, from any major, who want to pursue advanced study in a health professional program. Beginning this fall, students can declare the minor, which will give them a structured pathway to meet health professions pre-requisites and recognizes this secondary field of study and specialization. Over one-quarter of CSUF students admitted each year to professional schools, such as medical, dental, pharmacy, and veterinarian schools, are not traditional science majors. Coupled with intrusive advising and additional resources, this program will enhance the competitiveness of all of our students for professional school, regardless of their major. Students who would like to stay up to date should add themselves to the ListServ at http://www.fullerton.edu/health_professions/listserve.asp. Please click the "Minor" tab at the top of the page to be redirected to more information on this.