Before you Begin
- AACOPMAS website: http://www.aacpm.org/apply/apply.asp
- Application opens on August 7, 2013 and closes June 30, 2014
- We cannot stress this enough, apply as EARLY as possible!
- Traditionally the MCAT has been the only standardized test required for admission to the colleges of podiatric medicine. However, colleges will accept GRE or US DAT in lieu of the MCAT.
- MCAT and US DAT exams taken more than 3 years prior to application is not accepted
- Students need to submit official transcripts for every institution attended directly from the Office of Registrar
- To make sure your official transcript is handled properly by AACPMAS, you should print the AACPMAS Official Transcript Request Form (found on the left side of the Institutions Attended page) and give that to your Registrar's Office to include with your transcript when it is mailed to AACPMAS
- We suggest that you request two copies of your transcripts, one to be mailed to AACPMAS and one to be mailed to you. The copy of the transcript mailed to you directly can be utilized to complete your AACPMAS application. In the application you will be required to input all coursework completed, thus having an official transcript to reference can expedite the completion of this section
- Transcripts should be to:
AACPMAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9200
Watertown, MA 02471
- For further information on how to input foreign coursework on your application, please visit the provided link: https://portal.aacpmas.org/applicants2013/faq/faq_foreign.html
- Letters of evaluation are sent directly to the colleges
- Letter requirements vary per college thus students need to verify with each program on what they require.
- Please note which colleges will accept electronic letters of evaluation from letter services.
- Once a student has identified which colleges they are applying to, please see Jessica Ruiz, ItoA Specialist, for further details on how to proceed with this portion of your application
If your AACPMAS application was mailed to programs last cycle, you are eligible to have your application information imported to the new cycle. Please click the large blue “Reapplying to AACPMAS?” button on the login page to proceed with creating a re-applicant account. Do not click “create new account” on the home page
- Please note that payments, personal statements and transcripts containing updated coursework will not be carried over and must be resubmitted
If you application was not mailed AACPMAS can not carry over any application material thus students need to create a new account and resubmit all information
- ACCPMAS will not process your application until transcripts, fee payment and application have been successfully submitted
- Before submitting PROOFREAD EVERYTHING!!
- Check your application status often!
The AACPMAS website has many resources posted for its users. Please take a moment to explore the site to become familiar to the application process. For your convenience a link has been provided: http://www.aacpm.org/apply/apply.asp
Additionally, students can call 617.612.2900 and speak to an AACPMAS representative about specific questions pertaining to their applications. We strongly encourage you to always remain polite and professional when speaking to any member of AACPMAS (and HPAO) staff. Students can also contact AACPMAS by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org