Health Professions Advising Office
Welcome to the Health Professions Advising Office (HPAO) website. This site has been constructed to guide you and inform you about our services. The HPAO, which was started by Dr. Miles D. McCarthy in 1963, has helped hundreds of students gain admission to health professions schools. Our students have gained entry into some of the nation’s most prestigious schools including Harvard, Stanford, John Hopkins Albert Einstein College of Medicine, as well as all of the UC campuses. CSUF is also 17th in the nation in graduating Latinos with bachelor’s degrees in health fields.
We hope that you can become a piece of our history while embarking on your lifelong dream of becoming a health professional.
- 07/15/15: Featured Student: Annie Au
- 07/01/15: Advising, Shadowing and LSAMP Updated
- 07/01/15: Harbor UCLA Medical Center Research Associates in the Department of Emergency Medicine (RAD-EM)
- 07/01/15: Become a Legacy Leader Through the American Heart Association
- 07/01/15: American Family Housing Hosts 4th Annual Pigs, Ribs and Watermelons Professional Barbeque Competition and Summer Festival
- 07/01/15: Graduate School Expo
Please consider signing up for our ListServ in order to stay updated about everything occurring in the office. With this service you can receive as much or as little correspondence as possible. The Listserv will allow anyone interested to receive periodical emails containing up-to-date news and announcements about special guests, opportunities related to the health professions, important deadlines, scholarships, and newsletters. Please go to the Listserv page if you would liked to be added.
Monday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Dr. Goode is no longer advising in this office. Please contact the office for general information and resources.