Admission to University Honors Program
Students currently enrolled at CSUF may apply to the University Honors Program if they have completed fewer than 40 units and have a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
Those admitted to the program will join a dedicated group of students who are striving to get the most from their collegiate experience, including participation in small seminar-type classes and completion of the senior honors project. Interested students should submit a current student application. For more information, please contact the Director of the University Honors Program.
The University Honors Program offers transfer students an academically enriching experience, while at California State University, Fullerton. Those admitted to the program will join a dedicated group of students who are striving to get the most from their collegiate experience. Cal State Fullerton university honors students are well-rounded individuals working together to prepare for success.
Transfer students who have been admitted to Cal State Fullerton (applications are available at Admissions & Records or www.csumentor.edu/AdmissionApp) and who have participated in an honors program at the institution from which they are transferring may apply to the University Honors Program if they have:
- Achieved a CSU transferable grade point average of 3.5 at the time of your enrollment.
- Completed a minimum of nine to twelve units of college-level honors credits before transfer to Cal State Fullerton.
- Complete a written application, including essays for the Honors Program.
- Provide Two letters of reference
Admission to the University Honors Program for transfer students who have not completed at least nine units of honors coursework at their transfer institution or for continuing Cal State Fullerton students is available on a limited basis. The program is generally feasible for lower division students only. Contact the Director of the University Honors Program to find out if you might be eligible.
Automatic admission into the Honors Program is available for qualified transfer students with a 3.6 CSU transferable GPA from a California Honors Transfer Council institution. Students with automatic admission will just need to fill out the application and include transcripts.
The University Honors Program offers freshmen an academically enriching experience, while at California State University, Fullerton. Students join a community of other high achieving students and have the opportunity to benefit from smaller classes, priority registration, and the support of staff and a Center committed to their success.
- Achieve a 3.5 grade point average in college preparatory course work in grades 10, 11 and the first semester of your senior year in high school.
- Complete the online application, including one essay, for the Honors Program.
- Provide contact information (name, e-mail address and phone number) of one education professional who will submit an electronic recommendation.
- Include a copy of your high school transcript with your application (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Are committed to academic excellence, creativity, and critical thinking.
Applications are now open.
Deadline is on Friday, March 23, 2018.