Admission to University Honors Program
The CSUF University Honors Program has three different applications depending on your status as a student. The admission criteria for each group of students are listed below.
INCOMING FRESHMEN TO CSUF
The University Honors Program offers freshmen an academically enriching experience, while at California State University, Fullerton. Students join a community of other high achieving students and have the opportunity to benefit from smaller classes, priority registration, and the support of staff and a Center committed to their success.
- Achieve a 3.6 grade point average in college preparatory course work in grades 10, 11 and the first semester of your senior year in high school.
- Complete the online application, including two essays, for the Honors Program.
- Provide contact information (name, e-mail address and phone number) of one education professional who will submit an electronic recommendation.
- Include a copy of your high school transcript with your application (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Are committed to academic excellence, creativity, and critical thinking.
Applications for new students and incoming freshman for Fall 2020 are now open.
The deadline for Fall 2020 applications is April 24, 2020.
Below are instructions on how to access the application:
1. Go to the Cal State Fullerton website and click on "Students" to log in (this is the button that will let you log in to your student portal).
2. Type in your username and password and click "Login".
3. Once in your student portal, click on the search box under your name and search for "scholarships" and then click on the app called "Scholarships"
4. This should take you the page for scholarships. Click "Open Scholarship Application" to get started on your application.
5. That button should take you to an applications page. To start the honors application, you must click on "Start Application" to begin.
We share the application with other scholars' programs such as the Business Honors Program and the President's Scholars Program. Please say yes to any programs you wish to apply to and complete any additional sections required by each program on the application.
If you have a question about Cal State Fullerton or the University Honors Program, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT STUDENTS AT CSUF
Those admitted to the program will join a dedicated group of students who are striving to get the most from their collegiate experience, including participation in small seminar-type classes and completion of the senior honors project. Interested students should submit a current student application. For more information, please contact the Director of the University Honors Program. Students currently enrolled at CSUF may apply to the University Honors Program if they have completed fewer than 40 units and have a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
The University Honors Program offers transfer students an academically enriching experience, while at California State University, Fullerton. Those admitted to the program will join a dedicated group of students who are striving to get the most from their collegiate experience. Cal State Fullerton university honors students are well-rounded individuals working together to prepare for success.
Transfer students who have been admitted to Cal State Fullerton (applications are available at Admissions & Records or www.csumentor.edu/AdmissionApp) and who have participated in an honors program at the institution from which they are transferring may apply to the University Honors Program if they have:
- Achieved a CSU transferable grade point average of 3.5 at the time of your enrollment.
- Completed a minimum of nine to twelve units of college-level honors credits before transfer to Cal State Fullerton.
- Complete a written application, including essays for the Honors Program.
- Provide Two letters of reference
Admission to the University Honors Program for transfer students who have not completed at least nine units of honors coursework at their transfer institution or for continuing Cal State Fullerton students is available on a limited basis. The program is generally feasible for lower division students only. Contact the Director of the University Honors Program to find out if you might be eligible.
Automatic admission into the Honors Program is available for qualified transfer students with a 3.6 CSU transferable GPA from a California Honors Transfer Council institution. Students with automatic admission will just need to fill out the application and include transcripts.