Honors Requirements: Juniors
Students in the University Honors Program should consult regularly with the director.
Honors 300A and 300B
- Take Honors 300A in the fall (this course is only offered in the fall).
- Take Honors 300B the semester prior to the two semesters you will do your Senior Honors Project.
- Both Honors 300A and Honors 300B are mandatory.
GE C.4, D.2, D.3, and D.4 Courses
- No AP credit
- GE can be fulfilled with two Honors courses and two non-Honors courses, any combination.
- AP credit for World Civilizations (GE section C.4.)
- AP credit for U.S. History (GE section D.3.)
- Take two Honors courses and one non-Honors course for GE sections C.4, D.2, and D.4 (any combination).
- AP credit for Government (GE section D.4.)
- Take two Honors courses and one non-Honors course for GE sections C.4, D.2, and D.3 (any combination).
- Honors 201B can be taken for credit instead of Political Science 300.
- AP credit for U.S. History (GE section D.3.) and Government (GE section D.4.)
- Contact Dr. Pérez if you have AP credit in all four GE areas.
- Part of your 24 units of Honors coursework must be filled by an upper-division seminar (301T, 302T, 303T, 304T, 305, 306 )
- Retention GPA requirements
- End of first year: 3.25 cumulative GPA
- End of second year: 3.4 cumulative GPA
- End of third year: 3.5 cumulative GPA
- You do NOT need to take an Honors course every semester as long as you are progressing toward completing 24 units of honors courses by the time you graduate.