Our innovative dining facility focuses on the needs and desires of our residential community. Students can learn cooking techniques from scheduled classes, get their burgers, sandwiches, stir fry or pasta made to order, and invite their professors and friends to dine with them using guest passes.
All Student Housing License Agreements include a meal plan. Freshman students living in our Residence Halls can choose between a 5-day or 7-day all-access meal plan, while residents of our Apartments may choose between the all-access plans, or a 100-meals-per-semeter plan.
The Gastronome is a unique, all-you-care-to-eat dining facility. It provides the Cal State Fullerton community healthy, nutritious, and well-balanced meals as the hub for an active community.
The Gastronome features an extremely diverse menu throughout each day. Almost all items are customizable and prepared to order. Order pizza from the stone hearth oven, delicious ethnic dishes from our international kitchen, burgers hot off the grill, specialty sandwiches and salads and mouthwatering soups, and freshly made breads and deserts from the bakery.
Residential Meal Plan Options (Fall and Spring Semester only)
- 7 Day Continuous Dining with $200 Declining Balance per semester
- 5 Day Continuous Dining with $200 Declining Balance per semester
- 100 Block with $200 Declining Balance per semester (Apartment Residents Only)
The 7 Day Continuous Dining plan provides unlimited access to The Gastronome seven days each week during regular meal hours. The 5 Day Continuous Dining plan provides unlimited access to The Gastronome Monday through Friday during regular meal hours. The block meal plan provides 100 individual entrances to The Gastronome during a semester. Block meals may be used for any meal at any time during the semester.
- Issuance of Meal Plans: All residents must select a meal plan.
- Declining Balance: Declining Balance is allocated at the beginning of each semester and can be used at the Community Market and Late Night cafe. Unused Declining Balance can “roll over” from Fall Semester to Spring Semester but expires at the end of each academic year.
- Guest Meals: Each meal plan includes 8 Guest Meals per semester. Unused Guest Meals do not “roll over” from Fall Semester to Spring Semester.
- Holidays and Semester Breaks: The Gastronome will be closed, and Continuous Dining and Block meal plans will not be available during Fall Recess, Winter Recess, or Spring Recess. Limited additional dining options may be available during this time.
The Community Market combines the corner store with the style of a modern market, featuring grab-and-go dining options and all your convenience needs. The Community Market features a wide array of packaged and fresh produces, foods, and household goods with extended weekday and weekend hours.
Late Night Café
If you are looking for a late-night pick-me-up while studying or have a midnight sweet tooth, make sure to stop by the Late Night Café. Enjoy an array of pizzas, hot and cold sandwiches, snacks, treats and beverages after The Gastronome closes.