Configure Mac Office 2008 /
Entourage to access your
Download the file found online at microsoft's website.
Double-click on the downloaded file to mount the disk image and launch the Office 2008 12.2.8 Update. Complete the installer setup
- If you receive an error or are unable to update your installation of Office 2008, quit the installer
- Check which version of Entourage you have. If you already have Entourage version 12.2.8 proceed to step 2. You can check this by clicking on the Entourage icon and by clicking on “File” from the toolbar at the top and click “Get Info”. Identify which version of Entourage you have by looking in the “Version” field
- Check for and install all available Apple updates for your machine. To do this click on the Apple icon in the toolbar and select “Software Update”
- After completing the first update, download the file here.
Double-click on the downloaded file to mount the disk image and launch the Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition update. Complete the installer setup
- After both updates have successfully installed, launch Entourage to begin the Entourage Setup Assistant
- Select "Import from a previous version of Entourage" and click the right arrow
- Select Entourage 2008 and click the right arrow
- Under the "Import Items" window, make sure all items are checked and click on the right arrow
- Select "Main Identity" on the "Select an Identity" screen and click the right arrow a. You may not have an Identity Name like "Main Identity". If not, choose the identity that has the most recent date under "Date Modified"
- Click "OK" on the "Entourage does not support synchronization" pop-up and "Always allow" if prompted to access keychain
- After the import has completed, click "Finish". It will take Entourage a few minutes (depending on mailbox size) to show your message. a. If you are still unable to access your email, continue on to manually entering account settings
Manually entering your account settings
- Click on "Entourage" at the top of the toolbar and select "Account Settings…"
- Locate and double-click on the account with "(Exchange)"
- Under the Account Settings tab check for the following
E-mail address: YourCSUFUserName@exchange.fullerton.edu
- Under Authentication select "Use my account information"
Account ID: CSUF username
Password: CSUF password
- Click the "Advanced" tab and under "Server Information" check the following:
Exchange server: campusmail.fullerton.edu
- Check the box "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
LDAP server: csufad.fullerton.edu
- Check the box "This server requires me to log on"
- Click "OK" and close the Accounts window. Entourage will begin to download your email.