Faculty, Staff & Currently employed emeriti
Based on CSU policy requirements and information security best practices, the campus password expiration guideline requires that all Faculty, Staff and currently employed Emeriti change their campus password during the month of May.
Separated Emeriti are required to change their passwords annually in the month of May.
How to change your password
- Gather all of your mobile devices.
- If you have a desktop iMac, we recommend that you change your password using System Preferences on your assigned Campus iMac.
- To change your password, log on to the following site:
- On mobile devices, wait for password prompts.
- We strongly encourage you to update your password security questions so that you can reset your password if you forget.
- Should be between 12 and 20 characters
- Contain 3 of these 4 requirements:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Symbols: ! @ $ % & * - _ + , .
- No part of your name can be used
- You cannot use your last 24 campus passwords
Update Password on Mobile Devices
After you have changed your campus password, you will need to update the email and WiFi passwords on any mobile devices that are connected to your campus account. So be sure to have them close by.
Do I Need To Change My Password?
You will need to change your password if you are:
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Employee "ZZ accounts" (including Graduate Assistants)
- Teaching Associates
- Visiting Scholar
- Administrative Accounts (conference rooms, labs, and department accounts)
- Emeriti (annually)
Contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 if you are unsure if your account requires a password reset.