PhD, Carnegie Mellon University
MS, San Diego State University
BS, Tehran National University
Bayesian Statistics; Neuroscience; Biostatistics; Probabilistic Watermarking
Courses Regularly Taught
Bayesian Statistics, Modern Approaches to Data Analysis, Biostatistics, Categorical Data Analysis, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Mathematical Statistics
- Zhou B., Moorman D., Behseta, S., Ombao H., and Shahbaba B. A Dynamic Bayesian Model for Characterizing Cross Neuronal Interaction During Decision Making, Journal of the Amer- ican Statistical Association, 111, 514, 459:471 (2016).
- Shahbaba B., Zhou B., Ombao H., Moorman D.E., Behseta S. A Semiparametric Bayesian Model for Neural Coding, Neural Computation. 26, No. 9, 2025-2051 (2014).
- Kottas, T., Behseta S., Moorman, D.E., Poynor, V., and Olson, C.R. Bayesian Nonparametric Analysis of Multiple Neuronal Intensity Rates. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 203, 241- 253 (2012).
- Behseta S., Chenouri S. Comparison of two population curves with an application in neuronal data analysis. Statistics in Medicine, 30, 1441-1454 (2011).
- Behseta, S., Berdyyeva, T., Olson, C., and Kass, R.E. Bayesian Correction for Attenuation of Correlation in Multi-Trial Spike Count Data, Journal of Neurophysiology, 101: 2186-2193 (2009).
I am a statistician with research interests in Bayesian statistics, statistics in neuroscience, modeling education data, foundations and history of statistics, statistics education, probabilistic watermarking, and biostatistics.
See my CV for a more detailed description of my teaching, publications, and scholarly work.