MSI-Success Scholars Scholarship
Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $3,000 each academic year starting with the 2018-2019 academic year. This scholarship is a 4-year renewable scholarship, capped at $3,000 per year (for a total not to exceed $12,000). The MSI-Success Scholars Initiative is geared to support (15) incoming first time freshmen to enrich their student experiences, support the retention of men of color at CSUF, and help to alleviate academic related financial barriers.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Apply and qualify for admissions to CSUF as a first-time Freshman
- Demonstrate high motivation and academic potential to succeed in college
- Be classified as a California resident by CSUF’s Admissions and Records
- Must apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act (CADA) by the state priority deadline as listed on the application
- Demonstrate an awareness of the support and needs of underrepresented student groups
*Currently this is only supporting first-time incoming or first semester freshman (first-time Transfer students are not eligible)
$3,000 Each Recipient ($1,500 per semester)
*Times 4 years totaling up to $12,000 (Contingent on completion of requirements)
**This scholarship does not fund summer/winter semesters.
Cohort 2 Application Timeline
Application Timeline | Round 1 | Applications Closed
Extended Deadline: CLOSED
Dates to Consider: (Subject to Change)
Round 1 Phone Interviews: (TBA)
Selected 2018 Cohort Recognition Ceremony: (TBA)
*Exact times will only be shared with selected finalist
*Extended notification dates for Round 1 have not yet been determined.
*Round 2: Dates undetermined, announcement of Round 2 is contingent on selection outcomes of Round-1.
MAINTAINING SUCCESS SCHOLAR ELIGIBILITY
To remain eligible for the program once the scholarship has been awarded, brothers must:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher for (4) years
- Maintain continuous enrollment at Cal State Fullerton
- Abide by all University standards for appropriate conduct & community behavior
- Participate in major specific enrichment programs
- Be receptive to staff monitoring academic performance & university records
- Participate in a total of (32) community service hours, 16 hrs each semester (Fall/Summer) for a total of (4) years
MORE THAN A SCHOLARSHIP. . . IT’S A BROTHERHOOD
- Maintain ACTIVE participation in all MSI-programming & events
- Follow the MSI-Brotherhood Code
- Attend local, regional, national student leadership conferences
- Secure summer career related opportunities • Maintain and establish career plan freshmen-senior year
- All MSI-Fullerton Success Scholars are required to attend the Brother-2-Brother Retreat the summers of 2018 & 2019.
with potential MSI-Success scholars