MSI-Success Scholars Scholarship
Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $3,000 each academic year starting with the 2018-2019 academic year. This scholarship is a 4-year renewable scholarship, capped at $3,000 per year (for a total not to exceed $12,000). The MSI-Success Scholars Initiative is geared to support (15) incoming freshmen men of color to enrich their student experiences, support the retention of men of color at CSUF, and help to alleviate academic related financial barriers.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Apply and qualify for admissions to Cal State Fullerton as a first-time Freshman
- Demonstrate high motivation and academic potential to succeed in college
- Be classified as a California resident by Cal State Fullerton’s Admissions and Records
- Must Apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the state priority deadline as listed on the application
- Demonstrate an awareness of the support and needs of underrepresented student groups
*Currently this is only supporting first-time incoming or first semester freshman (first-time Transfer students are not eligible)
$3,000 Each Recipient ($1,500 per semester)
*Times 4 years totaling up to $12,000 (Contingent on completion of requirements) *This scholarship does not fund summer semesters
*Cohort 2 Time Line Coming Soon*
Application Timeline | Round 1 | Applications Closed
The selection process is underway and notifications of application standing will happen on a rolling bases by the MSI-Success Scholars selection committee.
*Extended notification dates for Round-1 have not yet been determined.
*Round 2: Dates undetermined, announcement of Round 2 is contingent on selection outcomes of Round-1.
We thank you in advance for your patience . We wish all future scholarship recipients the best of luck in the selection process and look forward to calling you a MSI-Success Scholar but most importantly we look forward to you becoming a Brother of MSI-Fullerton.
MAINTAINING SUCCESS SCHOLAR ELIGIBILITY
To remain eligible for the program once the scholarship has been awarded, brothers must:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher for (4) years starting Fall 2018
- Maintain continuous enrollment at Cal State Fullerton
- Abide by all University standards for appropriate conduct and community behavior
- Participate in Major Specific Enrichment Programs
- Be receptive to staff monitoring academic performance and University records
- Participate in a total of (32) community service hours, 16 hours each semester for a total of (4) years
MORE THAN A SCHOLARSHIP. . . IT’S A BROTHERHOOD
- Maintain ACTIVE participation in yearlong MSI-programming & events
- Follow the MSI-Brotherhood Code
- Attend local, regional, national student leadership conferences
- Secure summer career related opportunities
- Maintain and establish career plan freshmen-senior year
with potential MSI-Success scholars