Transfer Students | Admission Requirements
Students must meet all of the following to be eligible for admission to the CSUF:
- 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units). A maximum of 70 units may be transferred from a community college towards a degree at a CSU, including:
- Minimum of 30 semester units (45 quarter units) of approved General Education coursework completed with grades of C- or higher (from CSU General Education Breadth or IGETC GE patterns), which includes:
- The “Golden Four” requirements (which must be completed with a C- or higher grade):
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
- Good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Transfer GPA Requirement: California State University, Fullerton is an impacted campus (for all majors) and admissions to the University is competitive. Although students may be admitted to the CSU system with a 2.0 grade point average, students applying to CSUF will require higher GPA’s to be competitive. Please see our campus impaction policy for more information .
Cal State Fullerton is an impacted campus (for both transfer applicants as well as all of our majors). Because there are more qualified applicants than the University can admit, admission to CSUF required a higher grade point average than the CSU 2.0 minimum. In addition, our campus has established local and non-local admissions areas. For more information about impaction, you may visit our Admissions impaction page .
When To Apply For Admission
Students may apply for Cal State University campuses (including Cal State Fullerton) during our priority filing periods. For Fall Admission, applications are accepted October 1st - December 15th. Spring admission is open for upper-division transfer students and graduate students on a space available basis and, if the University is open for Spring admission, the priority filing period is August 1-31. For more information about admissions policies, you may visit our Admissions website .
Associate’s Degree for Transfer (SB 1440)
The California State Legislature established a transfer pathway which provides priority transfer admission for students who complete Associate of Arts (AA-T) or Associate of Science (AS-T) degrees at California community colleges and meet all other admissions requirements. Although the AA-T or AS-T does not guarantee admission to Cal State Fullerton or other impacted campuses, our University does give high priority to students who complete these programs if they are accepted by CSUF majors as similar degrees. For more information, please see our Admissions associate degree transfer page and Associate Degree for Transfer website .
The California State University system strictly adheres to all admissions deadlines. To ensure that you will be successful as you transfer to Cal State Fullerton, please visit our admissions deadlines website .