Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
In lieu of registering for orientation, the following steps must be completed to satisfy your Orientation requirement:
- You are required to complete an online General Education advising session as well as college specific advising in order to register for classes. This information will be provided in the coming weeks through your CSUF email and/or portal.
- Fill out the Orientation RSVP Form so that we can gauge your interest in Welcome Week activities. The RSVP form is open and can be completed any time through June 1st.
- First Year Students: You are required to complete the Online New Student Orientation module by Sunday, August 23, 2020. Access and online payment information will be provided beginning August 1st through your CSUF portal. This online orientation will take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete. The orientation fee this year will be reduced to $20.00.
- Transfer Students: You are required to complete the Online Transfer Student Orientation module by Sunday, August 23, 2020. Access and online payment information will be provided beginning June 18th through your CSUF portal. This online orientation will take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete. The orientation fee this year will be reduced to $20.00.
Check out our ORIENTATION INFO SESSION that took place during virtual Welcome to CSUF Day!
How will General Education and Major Advising happen?
Please check your CSUF email and portal for instructions. The Academic Advisement Center and your academic college will be reaching out to you with instructions in the coming weeks. All advising will be conducted online
Why is there a $20 fee for orientation if it’s online?
The $20 fee covers the fee for the online module, swag and prizes during the Welcome Week events, food, and other awesome giveaways!
If we haven't accepted Admission to CSUF yet, do we still fill out the Qualtrics form now?
Before you fill out the Qualtrics form, you need to formally accept your offer of admission and pay your $250 enrollment deposit. This can all be done through Titan Online located in your Student Portal. Once you have done so, please complete the Orientation RSVP form.
So for now, do we only complete step 2 (Qualtrics form)?
Yes, and continue to check your CSUF email and portal.
At this point, How do I change my major?
To change your major, contact the Office of Admissions to fill out a “Change of Major” form. Once you have obtained the appropriate signatures, submit your form to the Office of Admissions. Due to campus closure during COVID-19, we highly recommend that you wait until the Fall semester begins to start this process.
Is the Welcome to CSUF Day Orientation Webinar on 4/18 mandatory?
No, the Welcome Day Webinar is not mandatory, but we highly recommend you tune in to get any of your orientation related questions answered.
If anything changes due to COVID-19, will we be able to have in-person orientation dates?
No, all orientation sessions are now online.
When will we know when to meet with Academic Advisors?
Please check your CSUF email and portal for instructions from your academic colleges. They will be reaching out to you with instructions in the coming weeks.
How do we access to our CSUF e-mail?
Login to your CSUF Student Portal and click the envelope icon to access your email.
Do I need to wait for my financial aid to be disbursed to see if I qualified for an enrollment deposit waiver?
Please consult with the Office of Financial Aid for disbursement and waiver related questions.
Where do we pay the $250 enrollment deposit?
To pay your enrollment deposit, please visit your Student Portal.
- Deadline to submit is May 1, 2020.