Who is Eligible to Apply?
The California State University, Fullerton President’s Scholars Program prides itself on supporting California’s best and brightest.
Applicants to the President’s Scholars Program must meet the following requirements:
- Apply to California State University, Fullerton as a first-time freshman *
- Attain a weighted Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.75 in all academic subjects for the 10th-12th grades
- Demonstrate evidence of significant contributions to school and community service and/or leadership activities during high school
- Be a resident of California; residency is determined by the Office of Admissions and Records for fee purposes
* Students are accepted to the university based on a minimum CSU Index; President’s Scholars applicants are evaluated using additional objective and standardized criteria.
Each year, hundreds of academically gifted applicants from throughout the state apply for our coveted scholarship; through an extensive application process, only the top candidates will be selected. These candidates go beyond excellence within the classroom and represent California’s highest achieving, well-rounded future leaders. Even though President’s Scholar candidates are often courted by multiple universities, our program consistently draws high acceptance rates, demonstrating and ensuring our commitment to excellence.