Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants to the President’s Veterans Scholars Program must meet the following requirements:
- Have been honorably discharged from one of the following branches of the United States Military: Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard
- Be admitted to CSUF and meet CSU transfer requirements
- Achieve a minimum grade point average of at least 3.75 at former community college
- Demonstrate significant contributions to school and community service activities during time in the military and in the community college setting
- Be a resident of California (Residency is determined by the Office of Admissions and Records for tuition fee purposes)
Because our scholarship is funded completely through private donations, we must be extremely selective when evaluating candidates. Furthermore, as a strictly merit based scholarship, all students are viewed through the same lens from a completely blind and objective standpoint.