Southern California Conferences for Undergraduate Research (SCCUR)
November 21, 2015
Harvey Mudd College
SCCUR specializes in the work of undergraduate students across all disciplines and serves as a friendly venue for you to present your scholarly and/or creative activity (either in a poster session or 15-minute oral presentation), interact with peers in a scholarly setting and develop your presentation skills.
Benefits of Your Involvement:
- • Great experience and opportunity to present scholarly and/or creative activity
- • Participation by students from more than 50 colleges/universities
- • Free lunch
- • Simple registration and abstract submission process
- • Registration reimbursed for all CSUF students whose abstracts are accepted!!!
Deadline for abstract submission: Oct. 23, 2015
Notice of acceptance: Nov. 7, 2015
Deadline for early bird registration: Nov. 7, 2015
How to Register:
Visit https://sccur.hmc.edu/sccur_hmc/guidelines/submission.html and submit your abstract by Oct. 23. You will be notified by Nov. 7 if it was accepted, after which you must register for the SCCUR 2015 conference by that same day in order to: receive the early bird registration rate; be included in the program schedule; and have your abstract published in the conference proceedings.
CSUF will reimburse registration fees for student authors on presentations who register by Friday, Nov. 7, 2015 - at the early bird rates.
Visit https://sccur.hmc.edu/sccur_hmc/guidelines/submission.html for information regarding abstracts, including requirements, format and sample abstracts per disciplines.
Registration Fees Reimbursement:
Registration fees will be reimbursed to CSUF students who are authors on accepted presentations and complete early bird registration ($60 for students who register by Nov. 7). To get your registration fees reimbursed, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your registration email confirmation from SCCUR (showing you have paid the registration fee). You will get this confirmation after you register online.
- In the email you forward, include your full name, CWID, email address, home address, and phone number, as well as your department, college and mentor’s name. Including this information assures we can process your reimbursement correctly.
Once all requests are processed, you will receive a check, most likely after the conference.
Registration reimbursement for CSUF students is sponsored by the Office of Research, Creative Activities and Technology Transfer.
Contact: Drs. Terri Patchen at CSU Fullerton or Stephen Adolph at Harvey Mudd.