Southern California Conference for Undergraduate Research (SCCUR)
November 23, 2013
SCCUR specializes in the work of undergraduate students across all disciplines and serves as a friendly venue for you to present your scholarly and/or creative activity (either in poster sessions or 15-minute oral presentations), interact with peers in a scholarly setting and hone your presentation skills.
Benefits of Your Involvement:
- - Great experience and opportunity to present scholarly and/or creative activity
- - Excellent keynote speaker
- - Lunch
- - Simple registration and abstract submission process
- - CSUF will reimburse registration for the first 30 CSUF students whose abstracts are accepted and who register by November 4, 2013!!!
Deadline for abstract submission: Oct. 7, 2013
Deadline for registration: Nov. 4, 2013.
For more information and updates, please visit: http://www.sccur.org. You may also contact:
Dr. Scott Annin
Dr. Nathalie Carrick
Dr. Terri Patchen
Registration and Reimbursement information:
Register and submit your abstract through the SCCUR website.
Early registration reimbursement ($60) will be provided to the first 30 CSUF students who register and submit their abstracts by Nov. 4, 2013. It’s easy! To be eligible, please send the following information to the Office of Research Development (ORD).
- The email confirmation SCCUR sends you showing you have paid the registration fee
- Your full name, CWID, email address, home address and phone number, to facilitate processing
Once all requests are processed, you will receive a check, which will likely be sent after the conference.
Suggestions on How to Prepare a Poster Presentation:
Access the SCCUR website to view guidelines for presentations:
- On the main page click 'Whittier College" tab at the bottom of the page
- Click on the "Guidelines" tab at the top right of that page
- **Please note your poster may not exceed 48"x48"**
If you wish to use an official Cal State Fullerton logo for your poster, you must use one of the templates from the CSUF website: http://www.fullerton.edu/commresources/downloads/logos.asp
Here are additional websites with helpful resources for creating your poster:
- The Basics of Poster Design:
- Powerpoint/Large Format Research Poster Templates:
- Examples of Award-Winning Posters: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/undergrad/urp/SURP/surpawards05/
- Presentation Tips for Research in Humanities:
- How to Create a Message with your Poster: http://www.utexas.edu/ugs/our/poster/create_message