Student Affairs Staff of the Month
Nominations are due on the fifth of every month for the previous month | Nomination form »
About the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) Staff of the Month Program
The Division of Student Affairs Staff of the Month program recognizes the significant contributions of staff employees from across the Division of Student Affairs. Staff are nominated by their colleagues because of outstanding service to the University community and reviewed by members of the Division of Student Affairs Professional Development Committee.
Eligible: Current Student Affairs staff (including ASI and Athletics) Non-eligible: Student staff, vendors.
Staff who are recognized as DSA Staff of the Month will be highlighted via the VPSA website, VPSA social media, etc. All nominees will receive a nomination e-certificate. There is no financial compensation connected to this award.
Nomination and Selection Criteria
A scoring model will be used by the DSA Professional Development Committee based upon the following criteria. Candidates should meet most of the criteria. However, a staff employee need not meet all the criteria be considered for the award. In order for the committee to fully evaluate the nominated employee’s service, it is important that specific examples are cited in the letters of recommendation.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Creativity (facilitates/provides innovative programs/services)
- Initiative (goes above and beyond job responsibilities; active involvement on DSA/university committees)
- Leadership (provides effective and ethical guidance and coaching)
- Positive Attitude (displays a helpful and cooperative attitude toward others; serves as a role model for others)
- Teamwork (assists colleagues with important projects/initiatives)
Nomination Due Dates
Nominations are due on the fifth of every month for the previous month.
November: December 5, 2020
December: January 5, 2021
Please contact Dr. Larry Martin.