GOAL 1: ADVISING
Utilizing a “One University” approach, develop “best-in-class” practices for academic, career, and personal advising that support students’ pathways to graduation, responsiveness to workforce needs, and the lifelong empowerment and success of our graduates.
- In partnership with Academic Affairs we will increase effectiveness, continuity and accessibility of advising services, as well as identify and improve upon best practices for advising students utilizing a strengths-based approach, especially for students who are at risk of academic probation, or come from first-generation, low-income, underrepresented or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Create a distinguished Cal State Fullerton student experience that emphasizes a “Map to Commencement” upon entry that combines academic, personal and career advising and resources.
- Create a Transfer and Re-entry Student Task Force to identify priority advising and other needs of this student population. Expand and enhance the Transfer Center to provide comprehensive support to prospective, and pre-matriculated students who constitute about half of the new students annually.
- Create an environment in which Cal State Fullerton Student Affairs is nationally known for providing student-centered information via a customer-service orientation for students, staff, faculty and community.
- Increase and enhance coordination of pre-collegiate outreach and college readiness efforts that help students, especially those who come from first-generation, low-income, underrepresented or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds access higher education—all with the purpose of reinforcing access and diversity along the higher education pipeline.
- Develop and execute a nationally recognized University-wide employer outreach campaign to engage employers in paid internship sponsorship, hiring, and career education activities, responding to changing professional workforce needs and expectations. (HIP)
- Create renowned community engagement opportunities that include internships, service learning, civic engagement, and off-campus paraprofessional experiences working with local schools, community-based organizations, and other non-profits to exceed student and community needs. (HIP)
>> Read the full text of Goal 1