GOAL 5: TITAN EXPERIENCE
Develop the “Titan Experience” brand to build pride and connection to the University and market the unique and employable qualities of Cal State Fullerton graduates..
- Define the “Titan Experience” and the signature student-centered programs offered by the Division of Student Affairs and the University.
- Create high-quality program materials that brand CSUF.
- Create Cross-Divisional Multi-Cultural Task Force to develop and implement an executable plan to build upon existing Student Affairs and University initiatives to assure that each graduate attains multi-cultural competencies and can communicate their value to potential employers, creating a nationally recognized model for preparing students for 21st Century careers.
- Institutionalize the Titan Involvement Center as the hub to promote engagement opportunities on campus through a student-centered approach.
- Increase visibility of the “Titan Experience” on and off campus.
- Develop student-centered spaces that enhance student engagement from an academic, social and personal perspective and exude Titan Pride by working in partnership with key Student Affairs departments and Facilities Management.
- Promote and advocate for alternative methods for transportation around and within campus such as a shuttle or trolley system to facilitate access from one corner of campus to another.
= complete = in progress
|1. Define the “Titan Experience”:|
|1A||University-wide task force to define the “Titan Experience”|
|1B||Create signature student-centered events and programs.|
|1C||Student Affairs will set an example of bleeding Titan pride|
|1D||Establish a forum for prominence of Student Affairs staff to provide information, referrals and resources to CSUF students|
|2. Create high-quality program materials that brand CSUF:|
|2A||Create a process to review and coordinate the Division of Student Affairs marketing materials|
|2B||Create identity-brand standards including use for logos, specific colors, and templates|
|3. Create Cross-Divisional Multi-Cultural Task Force to develop and implement an executable plan to build upon existing Student Affairs and University initiatives:|
|3A||Define desired multi-cultural competencies and map them to the general education|
|3B||Assess the extent to which graduates currently possess these multi-cultural competencies|
|3C||Develop multi-year plan to improve these multi-cultural competencies|
|3D||Establish a University-wide, co-curricular initiative that develops personal, academic and professional skills|
|3E||Incorporate competencies in all Divisional and University publications|
|4. Institutionalize the Titan Involvement Center:|
|4A||Establish a centralized system to promote events and co-curricular programs|
|4B||Establish mentoring programs|
|4C||Expand training opportunities for students|
|5. Increase visibility of the “Titan Experience”:|
|5A||Consult with Facilities Management to develop and install campus signage to further "Titan Pride"|
|5B||Establish partnerships with local businesses to participate in the Titan Pride program|
|5C||Increase visibility of prominent CSUF alumni in marketing materials|
|5D||Increase visibility of student services, buildings and departments through campus signage|
|6. Develop student-centered spaces that enhance student engagement:|
|6A.i||Assess efficiency of existing space and utilization|
|6A.ii||Centralize services to create collaboration and synergy|
|6B||Create satellite stations and information kiosks|
|6C||Modify/enhance/design buildings, facilities and spaces|
|6D||Integrate aesthetic appeal via artwork, pictures, accent walls, or signage of student engagement activities throughout Student Affairs spaces|
|6E||Create gathering areas for all students to promote student engagement|
|6F||Develop and partner to create student-centered institutional policies for increased accessibility|
|6G||Create and design spaces that nurture and support the spiritual and holistic needs of students|
|7.||Promote and advocate for alternative methods for transportation around and within campus.|