What Are the Benefits?
Candidates who are selected for the President's Scholars Program are rewarded with outstanding benefits. As long as scholars maintain program eligibility, the four-year scholarship includes:
- In-state California State University enrollment fees and all campus-based student fees
- A generous annual stipend for books and supplies
- A laptop computer for each scholar’s personal use throughout the four-year program
- Priority registration for classes and guaranteed on-campus housing on the honors and scholars floor
- Complimentary parking permits for fall and spring semesters
- Automatic admission to the University Honors Program
- Opportunities for up to 20 hours per week of on-campus employment
- Study abroad opportunities through CSUF International Programs
- Special invitations from the university president to numerous social, cultural and athletic events
- Special recognition at Honors Convocation and University Commencement ceremonies
- Letters of recommendation for graduate school and job references following graduation from Cal State Fullerton
Beyond this benefits package, the President’s Scholars Program offers many intangible benefits to shape the scholars’ experience throughout their education at Cal State Fullerton. Many scholars profess that though the tangible rewards were their initial motivation, it was the support and intrinsic benefits that have made the most lasting impression on their lives.