Who Is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants to the President’s Scholars Program must meet the following requirements:
- Apply to California State University, Fullerton as a first-time freshman.
- Attain a minimum, weighted grade point average of at least 3.75 in all academic subjects for the 10th-12th grades.
- Earn above-average SAT scores in all three components of the SAT I OR above-average scores on the ACT exam.
- Demonstrate evidence of significant contributions to school and community service activities during high school.
- Be a resident of California. Residency is determined by the Office of Admissions and Records for fee purposes.
Students are accepted to the university based on a minimum CSU Index; President’s Scholars applicants are evaluated using additional objective, standardized criteria.
How Are Scholars Selected?
Each year, the top candidates are evaluated on their extracurricular involvement, academic rigor and communication skills by a diverse, 20-member committee. Following an objective application review, the highest-ranked candidates are interviewed by the committee.
Final acceptance is based on a cumulative evaluation of all three components: the objective academic performance, application evaluation and personal interview.