Please review the following information on immunization requirements. Some students must show immunization against Measles and Rubella (MMR) and Hepatitis B.
* The Census date takes place 4 weeks after the beginning of the semester.
For recorded information regarding the immunization requirement, call the Student Health and Counseling Center at (657) 278-2800.
How Can You Meet The Hepatitis B and/or Measles/Rubella (MMR) Requirement(s)
1. Bring in a copy of your documentation (doctors records, military records, school records, immunization card, or letter from your doctor) of previous vaccination to the Student Health and Counseling Center (SHCC) or fax it with your name, phone number, and CWID# to (657) 278-3069. Please check Titan Online to ensure your hold has been removed.
2. You may obtain the vaccination(s) in one of the following ways:
3. If you have received the immunization(s) in the past, but you cannot locate the documentation, you can be re-immunized. A lab test can also be performed for measles and rubella, and/or for hepatitis B, but it takes time and there is a charge.
4. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, you will be temporarily waived from the MMR and hepatitis B requirements. You may fax a copy of a note from your doctor/clinic, including your expected due date, as well as a completed immunization waiver form (found at the SHCC or the SHCC web site) to (657) 278-3069. A hold will be placed back on your record if the requirement is not met when the temporary waiver expires.
5. If you are a female required to receive the MMR and you have had intercourse since your last menstrual period, and are not using hormonal-based contraception, you will be unable to receive the MMR vaccination until your next cycle has started. You may report to the SHCC to receive a temporary waiver.
6. If you need to request a waiver for other medical reasons, please make an appointment with a SHCC provider at (657) 278-2800, or in person, or bring a note from your private physician/clinic to the SHCC and complete an immunization waiver form.
7. Waivers can be granted for religious, personal, or philosophical reasons. Please complete an immunization waiver form found on the SHCC web site and fax it to (657) 278-3069, or in person. Please check Titan Online to ensure your hold has been removed.
8. If you have an allergy to egg, feathers, gelatin or neomycin, you may receive a permanent waiver from MMR only. To find out if you qualify, come to the SHCC front desk, request and complete an immunization waiver form, and see the Screening Nurse.