By direction of the California State University Chancellor, the following immunization requirements must be completed by the end of your first semester.
You will be unable to register for your second semester courses until both requirements are met.
If you graduated from a California High School in 2005 or later you have already fulfilled both requirements.
- Measles and Rubella: All students must show proof of immunization against Measles and Rubella if they were born after January 1, 1957.
- Hepatitis B: Students under the age of 19 on the census date must show proof of immunization against Hepatitis B (Census date is 4 weeks after the beginning of the semester).
Meeting the Requirement:
To fulfill the requirement, you must do one of the following:
- Bring in written proof of immunization from a doctor, clinic, military record or school record to the Student Health and Counseling Center, or fax it with your name, phone number, and Campuswide Identification (CWID) number to (657) 278-3069.
- Obtain the vaccination from your private medical office, the County of Orange Health Care Agency, or the Student Health and Counseling Center (SHCC). To receive the vaccination at the SHCC, schedule an appointment. While there is no charge for the office visit, there is a fee for the immunization; to inquire about the fees, please call (657) 278-2800. Appointments may also be scheduled online on Titan Health. During registration there is a high demand for vaccinations, so please plan accordingly.
- Obtain lab tests for immunity (Titer) if you think you have had the disease or the immunization but do not have proof. This can be done by your personal physician or at the SHCC for a fee.
Permanent or temporary waivers may be granted to some students after appropriate approval:
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, provide a signed doctor/clinic note with your expected due date and complete a temporary waiver form.
- For an allergy to egg, feathers, gelatin or neomycin, complete a waiver form.
- For other medical reasons, make an appointment with a SHCC provider or provide a signed note from your private physician/clinic and complete a waiver form.
- For religious, personal, or philosophical reasons, complete a waiver form.
- The Medical Records fax number for providing information via fax: (657) 278-3069
- Go to the Student Health and Counseling Center to provide information in person
SHCC phone number to schedule an appointment via phone: (657) 278-2800
- County of Orange Health Care Agency: http://www.ochealthinfo.com