To join a Sport Club, please follow the procedures below.
Step 1: Contact the Sports Club president to find out information about their practices, information sessions, and associated costs. You can contact them through TitanLink , our online student organization portal.Please Note: Student Life & Leadership is not in charge of tryouts or club fees.
Please contact the Sports Clubs team you are interested in joining via TitanLink to find out more about tryouts.
To gain “active status” within the Sports Club, please complete the following.
Step 2: Once you have decided to join a team, please complete the following requirements:
Sports Club Registration
via Do Sports Easy (DSE)
- Students are required to pay a registration fee of $45 every semester to assist with liability and risk management needs. This registration fee covers all sports a student chooses to join per semester (a student will not have to pay $45 per sport).
Member Training. This is an annual requirement for all sports clubs members. The trainings are different for returning and new members.
- RETURNING MEMBERS: are defined as a CSUF student who has registered for a sports club team before AND attended an in-person training. They may complete the online Returning Member Training accessible here.
- NEW MEMBERS: are defined as a CSUF student who has not registered for a sport club or attended an in-person training. You must attend ONE full in-person New Member Training.
You can find more information about when these trainings will occur on the Student Life and Leadership TitanLink page under "Events".
Step 3: Please allow at least 5-7 business days for approval of your “active status.” Remember, “active status” means you are committing to become a member of the Sports Club.
How do you check if you have active status?
- Log into DSE and check your approval status
- Log into Titanlink and go to the Sport Club's page.
- Click on "Roster" and if your name appears as an Active Sports Clubs Member, then you have active status. If you are unable to view this, please contact the Sports Club president.
- Log into DSE and check your approval status .