Violence Prevention and Advocacy Services
The CSUF Violence Prevention and Advocacy Services team is a confidential campus resource focused on sexual violence prevention education, advocacy for students, faculty, and staff impacted by sexual violence, and supporting the development of a community of care across campus. Sexual violence is experienced in a variety of ways including sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual or gender-based harassment, and gender-based violence. These experiences may occur directly in-person or virtually using technology. Our team strives to foster an empowering environment that feels safe as we work to preserve and enhance every Titan’s potential for academic, professional, and personal development.
When working with an Advocate, anything shared regarding having experienced sexual violence will be held in confidentiality. Advocates are NOT required to report disclosures by students, faculty, or staff to law enforcement or campus entities such as Title IX or Dean of Students regardless of when or where the assault occurred. All of our services are free of cost.
- Emotional support
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- Referrals to on-campus and community-based resources for ongoing support, aftercare, and fulfillment of basic needs
- Consultation on administrative or legal reporting options
- Accompaniment to medical exams, law enforcement interviews, Title IX meetings or hearings, court hearings, and other campus-based processes
- Support in looking for academic accommodations and supportive measures
Brett Goldberg, Ph.D., Assistant Director, Violence Prevention and Advocacy Services
Erika Alonso, Confidential Campus Advocate
Jazmin Monterrosa, Confidential Campus Advocate
To schedule an appointment with an Advocate, please complete the Advocate Appointment Request Form.
Questions about Violence Prevention and Advocacy Services or the Confidential Campus Advocate may be directed to email@example.com
Evening and Weekend Assistance:
- Counseling and Psychological Services Afterhours | CSUF | 657.278.3040
- Sexual Assault | Waymakers | 24-hour hotline 714.957.2737
- Domestic Violence | Laura’s House | 24-hour hotline 866.498.1511
For emergencies, please call 911