We are reaching out to you in light of the tragedy that occurred on campus this morning to offer support. Acts of violence can impact us in unexpected ways, and with this shocking incident occurring within our own community, we anticipate that people may feel triggered. We are here to help and want to offer you the following resource information:
- Counseling services are available for any student who is feeling impacted by this tragic situation through Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
- If you, as a student, would like to speak with someone, feel welcomed to come to the CAPS front desk. CAPS is located in the Student Health and Counseling Center Building on campus and is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- If you, as a student, would like to speak with a therapist outside of normal business hours, you can call CAPS at 657-278-3040 and speak with a therapist 24 hours a day.
- The Dean of Students team is also available to assist students who are struggling as a result of this incident. Our office is located in TSU-243 and we are open Monday through Friday between 8:00am-5:00pm. You can also call us at (657) 278-3211.
- The Confidential Victim Advocate can be reached at (657) 278-3928.
- On-campus safety escorts can be accessed through the University Police Department (UPD) at (657) 278-2515.
In times of tragedy, it is important that we come together as a campus community. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you feel like you need help or assistance. We are here for you.
Hallie Hunt, Dean of Student
Jaime Sheehan, Director of Counseling and Psychological Services
Interested in knowing your numbers? Stop by WellFest, our health screening day event! This event will take place on Wednesday, September 25 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Student Wellness (SHCC-West). Come receive FREE health screenings and resources. We will have the following:
- Blood sugar (glucose) testing
- Cholesterol testing
- Animal therapy
- Fitness demos
- Mental health and nutrition workshops
- Alcohol and Marijuana screenings
- Family PACT
- Food and prizes
- & so much more!
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!