New International Students

All new students beginning classes during the Fall 2023 term are required to comply with Cal State University Systemwide Executive Order 803, including the following immunizations and Tuberculosis assessment:

Required Components

Required Documentation

Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)

  • Two (2) doses are required with the first dose on or after your 1st birthday; OR
  • Positive titer (laboratory evidence of immunity to disease)

Varicella (Chickenpox)

  • Two (2) doses with first dose on or after 1st birthday; OR
  • Positive titer (laboratory evidence of immunity to disease)

Note:  Prior history of contracting the disease does not meet requirement.

Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap)

One (1) dose after age 7

Meningococcal conjugate (Serogroups A, C, Y, & W-135)

For all students 21 and younger only:

  • One (1) dose on or after age 16

Hepatitis B (Hep B)

For all students 18 and younger only:

  • Three (3) dose series is given on a 0, 1, and 6-month schedule ; OR
  • Positive titer (laboratory evidence of immunity to disease)

Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire

All new students must complete a tuberculosis risk assessment questionnaire. New students who are at higher risk for TB infection, as determined by the screening questions, should undergo testing for TB infection within one year of CSUF entry.

Note: TB testing of high-risk students only should take place no sooner than six months prior to the start of the first semester and should be completed by the second quarter/semester registration.

 Recommended Components

Recommended Documentation

COVID-19 Vaccine Series and Booster

For all students:

  • A complete Vaccine Series
  • Booster, if eligible 

Checking Immunizations:
Student Wellness accesses immunization data from the California Immunization Registry (CAIR). 

  • Students who received the above immunizations in the state of California can verify their vaccination records through the   Titan Health Portal   and will likely not need to upload vaccination records.
  • Students who received any of the above immunizations outside of the state of California will be required to manually upload their vaccination records into the   Titan Health Portal. All immunization records must be translated to English prior to submission. Click to view   directions on submitting your vaccination records.

Please do not resubmit records if you see that your records are already visible in the Titan Health Portal.


The CSU’s Immunization requirements provide provisions for exemptions.  Click to view directions to download and upload your Exemption Form.Opens in new window

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access the Titan Health Portal?

Click here to access the Titan Health Portal

What is an immunization record?

An immunization record provides a history of all the vaccines you received as a child and adult. It includes your full name and date of birth, the specific names of the vaccines administered and the dates on which you received them.

Where can I locate my immunization records?

We recommend checking the following sources: your parents, your doctor’s office or pediatrician, your elementary, middle, or high school, previous colleges or universities, the military, your state vaccine registry.

CA COVID records

When do I need to meet this immunization requirement by? What happens if I do not submit the immunization requirement?

The immunization requirement should be completed prior to the Spring 2023 semester. Undergraduate and Graduate students who do not submit their immunization records by March 20, 2023 will receive a hold on their Fall registration until the requirement is completed.

Where can I receive the required immunizations?

Obtain the vaccination from your healthcare provider or your local public health agency. You may also obtain lab tests for immunity (Titer) if you think you have had the disease or the immunization, but do not have proof. Testing may be available through your healthcare provider or at Student Wellness. For more information about fees at Student Wellness, visit

Vaccine Types Costs

 Adacel (Tdap)


 Hepatitis B (series of 3 shots)


 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)


 Tuberculosis (TB)


*Prices and availability are subject to change. 

What can I do if I do not have my immunization record?

If you are unable to obtain evidence of your vaccination, please contact your doctor for an antibody titer blood test and upload the results on the Titan Health Portal.

What is a titer: A titer is a lab test that measures the amount of antibodies found in the blood that would signal that a person might have been exposed to or vaccinated against a particular virus or bacteria.

What vaccines can you get titers for:

  • Hepatitis B
  • Chickenpox
  • Measles, Mumps or Rubella
  • Tuberculosis

Are there exemptions or accommodations?

Yes, the CSU’s Immunization requirements provide provisions for exemptions. Click to view directions to download and upload your Exemption Form.Opens in new window