Effective January 1, 2022, the California State University's Office of the Chancellor issued the Interim CSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation .
This policy is established in compliance with:
- Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance (34 C.F.R. 106.);
- The California Equity in Higher Education Act;
- The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (which amends the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security and Campus Crimes Statistics Act, commonly known as the Clery Act) (VAWA) under its Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act provision (Campus SaVE Act);
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973;
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990;
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975; and
- Other applicable state and federal laws which prohibit Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation.