Advising for Current Students: Art BA & BFA Major Advising Information
Visual Arts Majors: This site is to help you with resources for major advising and assist with planning for your class registration needs. Please read the entire page for all important information.
Schedule your major advising appointment via TitanNet (link below). Faculty may also conduct advising in classes. Below is a list of advisors and links to advising sheets for each BA or BFA major and concentration.
The Art Office staff team and faculty advisors will assist you. If you have questions, please contact your advisor or email the Art Office (email@example.com).
Career and Art Major Advising: Check the list below to find an advisor in your area of study or your intended area of study. Your Advisor will be someone teaching in the degree and concentration which you intend to study.
For General Education Advising, please visit the Student Success Center page.
- Make note of your advisor’s name and visit TitanNet. This will take you to a new webpage.
- In TitanNet, select Make an Appointment, then Advising, Visual Arts Advising, and then select your concentration. You will see faculty availability and be able to schedule an appointment. Please note only 60-days of appointments will appear as available.
- Before your Advising appointment, create a semester-to-semester plan for your upcoming courses as well as your elective courses for future semesters. Worksheets can be found on the department's Forms & Permits page.
Your advisor may discuss with you:
- What classes are required in your degree program,
- What classes have you already taken for your degree, and
- What courses you will take in future semesters.
To plan for your major advising appointments, see and complete:
- The Schedule of Classes (visit the student center in your portal, Schedule of Classes) to prioritize ART class schedules due to the 6-hour meeting times for studio classes each week.
- Download and complete the one-page Art Degree Advisement Worksheet (available below next to the names of your advisors). Have this completed and ready for your meeting.
- Academic Roadmaps / Degree Roadmaps show courses planned for each Spring and Fall term for each major and concentration.
TitanNet: Students are now able to book advising appointments through TitanNet , which can be found through the student portal. Once in TitanNet, select Make an Appointment, then Advising, Visual Arts Advising, and then select your concentration. You will see faculty availability and be able to schedule an appointment.
More information on how to access TitanNet can be found here . Students are also responsible for cancelling any of their scheduled appointments through TitanNet.
Bachelor of Arts in Art - Advisors
*denotes Concentration Head
Bachelor of FINE Arts in Art - Advisors
Glass: Hiromi Takizawa*
Illustration: Nicole Yang
Jewelry and Metals: Christina Smith*
Sculpture: Mateo Tannatt*
*denotes Concentration Head