Choir Placement Auditions
The choral area will conduct auditions via Zoom. Each returning student will be invited to sign up for a live Zoom audition on August 18, 19, and 21, 2020. Students who have performed with the CSUF University Singers for 4 or more semesters are not required to complete a 2020 fall choral audition.
New students will sign up for a Zoom audition as a part of New Student Day on August 20, 2020.
Each student must have a tuning fork or other pitch reference instrument (pitch pipe, electronic keyboard, phone app, etc.).
Following is a list of tasks each student will perform:
- Be prepared to sing (ascending and descending) a major scale, a harmonic minor scale, and a whole tone scale.
- Be ready to sing five-note ascending and descending vocalize on a syllable of your choice (DRMFSFMRD) in keys we will determine. You will use your own pitch reference to establish the key we request.
- Sight sing and perform rhythms on a document that we will share on the Zoom screen.
Returning Students and New Non-major Students
• August 18: https://fullerton.zoom.us/j/97776044295
• August 19: https://fullerton.zoom.us/j/91468517359
• August 21: https://fullerton.zoom.us/j/91541102063
New Music Majors
• August 20: https://fullerton.zoom.us/j/97319530068
• Log into zoom with your student email. Zoom activation and log-in instructions
• Be sure both your first and last name are visible.
• Connect at least 5 minutes before your audition.
• You will be placed in the waiting room.
• When the faculty are ready for you, you will be admitted to the zoom session for your audition.
Please inform the instructor about any disability or special needs that you may have that may require specific arrangements related to our virtual audition process.. According to California State University policy, students with disabilities must document their disabilities at the Disability Support Services (DSS) Office in order to be accommodated in their courses. Additional information can be found at the DSS website , by calling 657-278-3112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Istad, DMA
Director of Choral Studies
Phone: (657) 278-3459