Mental Health Screener
Everyone experiences ups and downs in life, and everyone goes outside of what's normal for them from time to time. If you're experiencing higher distress than is normal for you in one or more categories of life, you may be wondering what to do next.
You can use this tool for:
- Self-help and information
- A quick assessment of areas of life you may wish to focus on
- A barometer for what's normal or outside of the norm for you
- Help deciding whether or not to seek mental health treatment
Do not use this tool for:
- Confirmation of diagnosis
- A substitute for mental health treatment
- A substitute for mental health evaluation
- Any emergency situations
This screener is simple, anonymous, and the data is not collected by Cal State Fullerton or Pennsylvania State University.
Click Here to Take the CCAPS Screener
All questions and scoring are copyrighted by Pennsylvania State University.
If you decide to visit CAPS after taking this screening, please save or print a copy of your report and bring it with you!
If you are a CSUF student experiencing thoughts of suicide, self-harm, harm to others, or other mental health crises, please call CAPS at (657) 278-3040 any time 24/7. Visit our Crisis Counseling page
for additional information and options.
If you are not a student but experiencing a mental health crisis, call 988 for immediate assistance.
If you are having a psychological emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.