CAPS offers many different services , including psychological assessments, individual counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, and psychiatric services. To see if you are eligible for CAPS Services, please find which scenario fits your current situation best:
- Currently-Enrolled Full- and Part-Time Students: The mandatory Student Health Fee (SHF) paid by students each semester includes CAPS services. There are no additional fees for services.
- Extended Education Students Enrolled in Open University: These students are eligible if they have paid the Student Health Fee, or if they have bought a Titan Health card for the semester.
- Eligibility Over the Summer:
- If enrolled: The mandatory Student Health Fee (SHF) includes CAPS services. There are no additional fees for services.
- If not enrolled, but enrolled in the upcoming Fall semester: Students can be eligible if they pay the summer Student Health Fee. Please contact us at (657) 278-3040 to verify the amount.
- Students Who Have Withdrawn from the Semester or are Not Enrolled: Not eligible for services. Please visit this page for a robust list of off-campus mental health options.
- Students Who Have Graduated: Not eligible for services. Please visit this page for a robust list of off-campus mental health options.
CAPS uses a brief therapy model for individual and couples counseling, focusing on goals established collaboratively between counselor and client(s). Many students are helped in just a few individual sessions. In fact, on average, students are seen at CAPS for between 4-6 sessions.
For students in need of longer-term therapy, intensive treatment, or specialized assessment/treatment, CAPS staff will work with students to find providers to help meet their needs. Sometimes this involves a referral to Case Management, discusing how to access resources through health insurance plans, or gathering referrals to community mental health providers. Please see this page for a robust list of off-campus providers.