The I Am First… program will equip first-generation college students with the confidence, self-awareness, and career readiness knowledge to jumpstart into a successful journey towards achieving career and leadership development. As an I Am First student you will be amongst a group of your peers who can relate to the first-generation college experience and provide a network of support even beyond the program conclusion.
I am First... Program Benefits
- Life Design Exploratory Lab - walk away with a career and life road map to success
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 - a strengths-based assessment and overview to help identify your strengths as a first-generation college student
- First-generation Alumnus, Employer, Faculty Panel/Networking
- Stipend Award Opportunity - A $500 stipend will be awarded to a select number of students who fully complete the program and additonal program requirements, to further explore and execute their goals
- Receive a Passion Planner upon being accepted to the I Am First Program ($40 value)
- Receive a CSUF Professional Padfolio upon successful completion of the program ($30 value)
- Access to interest and career inventories offered by the Career Center free of cost i.e. Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Personality Assessments (valued at $20 each)
- Community through Canvas and Social Media
- Identify as first in your family to obtain a college degree in the U.S.
- Currently enrolled as a transfer, 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student
- Complete entire program application
- Submit resume - The Career Center offers “Drive-Thru Services” M – F to assist you with your resume related questions. Or you can also utilize VMOCK our virtual resume check software, if you are unable to visit us in person. Click HERE to access VMOCK.
- Note**Program admittance is limited to 35 students.
Mandatory Friday sessions from 10am - 12pm - full commitment to attend all sessions is required. Two or more missed sessions will disqualify students for being eligible for a $500 stipend and a Career Readiness Completion Certificate granted by the Career Center and signed by President Fram Virjee.
- Program Timeframe : February 12th - March 26, 2021
Application submission - Deadline Friday, December 11th (11:49pm PST)
Student Orientation (Mandatory): TBA
For additional questions regarding the I Am First program contact Stephanie Reyes at email@example.com