The I Am First… program will equip first-generation college students with the confidence, self-awareness, and career readiness knowledge to jumpstart into a successful journey towards achieving career and leadership development. As an I Am First student you will be amongst a group of your peers who can relate to the first-generation college experience and provide a network of support even beyond the program conclusion.
I am First... Program Benefits
- Life Design Exploratory Lab - walk away with a career and life road map to success
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 - a strengths-based assessment and overview to help identify your strengths as a first-generation college student
- First-generation Alumnus, Employer, Faculty Panel/Networking
- Titan 2 Titan Meet-Up
- Stipend Award Opportunity - A $500 stipend will be awarded to 3 recipients who fully complete the program and additonal program requirements, to further explore and execute their goals
- Receive a Passion Planner upon being accepted to the I Am First Program ($40 value)
- Receive a CSUF Professional Padfolio upon successful completion of the program ($30 value)
- Access to interest and career inventories offered by the Career Center free of cost i.e. Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Personality Assessments (valued at $20 each)
- Opening Kick-off Celebration Box includes CSUF Swag-This will be mailed to each student and/or student will have the oppurtunity to pick up box at the date and time given during orientation.
- Community through Titanium
- Identify as first in your family to obtain a college degree in the U.S.
- Currently enrolled as a first and/or second-year student
- Complete entire program application
- Submit resume - The Career Center offers “Drive-Thru Services” M – F to assist you with your resume related questions. Or you can also utilize VMOCK our virtual resume check software, if you are unable to visit us in person. Click HERE to access VMOCK.
- Note**Program admittance is limited to 40 students.
Mandatory Friday sessions from 10am - 12pm - full commitment to attend all sessions is required. Two or more missed sessions will disqualify students for being eligible for a $500 stipend and a Career Readiness Completion Certificate granted by the Career Center and signed by President Fram Virjee.
- Program Timeframe : Septemeber 11 - October 23, 2020
- September 11 - Opening Session
- September 18 & 25, October 2, 9 and 16 - Working Sessions
- October 23 - Culminating Session
Application submission - Deadline Thursday, August 20 (11:49pm PST)
Students notified of acceptance to the program: Thursday August 27
Student Orientation (Mandatory): TBA
For additional questions regarding the I Am First program contact Marcela Rojas at email@example.com.