In-person career fair:
Tuesday, March 14, 2023 5:00pm - 7:30pm | TSU RSVP
Are you interested in meeting and connecting with districts/organizations recruiting candidates for teaching or education related opportunities? If so, you do not want to miss this event. Please read below for more detailed information about the event and how you can best prepare for the event.
To facilitate the event check-in process, we encourage you RSVP. Non-RSVP students are welcome to attend. Participation in the entire event is not required. If you are a non-CSUF student, you can still attend the event for a $25 fee. Please bring cash.
SPECIAL PREPARATION SESSIONS
The Teacher Job Fair Boot Camp Workshops:
Resume and Cover Letter Review
- March 7, 2023 5pm - 6:30pm RSVP
- March 10, 2023 5pm - 6:30pm RSVP
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE EDUCATION NETWORKING EXPO:
View an updated list of confirmed District/Employers attending for the In-Person Fair
Tips on How to Approach Organizations at the Job Fair:
- Create a list of top 10 Districts/Organizations
- Research the Districts/Organizations on your top list and remember one key fact
- Introduce yourself, smile
- Share your knowledge of the organization (research the employer ahead of time) and segue into your “60 Second Commercial”
- Dresss to impress
- Have copies of your resume
- District/organization representatives may ask for references, school address and/or your philosophy of education, so be prepared
- Be ready to ask informative questions
- What would be the best way to apply to your positions?
- What is the hiring process?
- What other opportunities are there for individuals with my skills, background, and interests?
- Make sure you do not take too much of their time
- Be brief
- Be sure to ASK for their business card
- Thank them for their time and let them know you will be following-up
Ten (10) Tips for Making the Most out of the Teacher Job Fair - Practice Interviewing
- Have a copy of your resume
- Research Employers
- Create your target list and talk to those you are most interested in first
- Dress to impress
- Be ready to sell yourself
- Arrive Early
- Talk to as many Employers as possible
- Be open minded
- Don't seem desperate
- Bring a smile and seem enthusiastic